- Delano, CA, USA
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Transportation Manager is responsible for leading the Wonderful Citrus transportation team in areas of customer service, freight loading and unloading, dispatching and continuous improvement, with support from the Transportation Director. This role will be responsible for leading and executing the team’s long term strategy.
Here's what you'll do:
- Facilitate the best in class Wonderful Citrus Customer Experience through exceptional partnerships within a multi modal network of transportation services.
- Set a clear direction and plan of action for the entire Wonderful Citrus Logistics Team.
- Manage the day to day innovative methods to recruit and partner with the best in class multi modal Wonderful Citrus Transportation Delivery Networks.
- Manage the Wonderful Citrus Transportation providers to meet increasing demand of undeveloped geographical lanes and customers.
- Monitor, manage and report out Wonderful Citrus Delivery Performance metrics and KPI's through technology, clear processes and understood expectations.
- Facilitate streamlining process in the Transportation Department
- Manage the day to day 50M+ annual spend budget, implementation of transportation cost reduction strategies, and achieving established profit margin targets.
- Managing and overseeing entire global 24-hour operational footprint with over 30 plus transportation providers moving shipments around the world
- Be able to negotiate/work with Asset Based Carriers, Brokers, 3PLs, Custom Brokers, Drayage Carriers, Stream Ship Lines, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of how goods are moved thru different entities around the world to service our customers on a global footprint.
- Manage the RFP process for domestic carriers and international carriers.
- Manage Financial Reporting. Ensuring cost and revenue are hitting the correct GL accounts
- Report P/L to management on a weekly/monthly/quarterly base
- Manage the process for carrier score carding and set targets for KPIs
- Execute the strategic plan given to achieve transportation targets (financials and service)
- Understand transportation industry specific landscapes and trends and effectively communicate industry shifts.
- Participate in Cross-Departmental/Company collaboration, taking advantages of like synergies and best practices.
- Assist and develop transportation subordinates, supervisors, coordinators and clerks in leadership and employee development.
- Facilitate a plan of execution resulting in transportation growth set by leadership.
- Manage revenue objectives for transportations and KPI metrics set for Transportation
- Support the achievement of strategic objectives critical to other cross-functional areas
- Promote when possible internally and externally the advantages and benefits of utilizing Wonderful Citrus Internal Transportation Services.
- Develop and manage a cohesive transportation group that maintains a high level of morale and execution.
- Other duties as assigned
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- BA/BS in logistics transportation and or distribution, supply chain or equivalent course of study preferred
- 4-6 years of experience working in transportation, perishable product preferred
- Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to collect, observe, monitor and record data
- Manage and maintain functional transportation groups
- Effect communication/articulation across phone, email, or in person
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and deliver in a timely fashion
- Ability to navigate and collaborate cross -- functionally with groups or individuals to accomplish specific goals
- Complete understanding of the relative changes in the markets regionally and intonationally.
- Flexibility to work long hours/after hours, nights, and or weekends
- Have a working knowledge of different transportation modes to move fresh produce around the world
- Having training/certification in Six Sigma, Lean Logistics is a plus
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving – a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees’ hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package – Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
EEO is the law - click here for more information