Customer Service Officer
Join a growing company providing essential shipping services to New Zealand and the Pacific Islands!
Pacific Forum Line (PFL) is part of the NPDL group of companies, together seamlessly linking transport, warehousing, depots, customs clearance services and fully integrate customers' supply chains across South Pacific markets. We have a rejuvenated service network covering the Samoa’s, Tonga, Cook Islands, Fiji and PNG, to and from just about anywhere in the world.
At PFL, our customers are at the heart of everything we do and our Customer Service team is committed to providing meaningful and consistent service. We are recruiting for an experienced Customer Service Officer, who is passionate about engaging with customers across the Pacific and in New Zealand, to better understand their needs and help provide effective solutions.
What you will be doing:
Based in Mangere and reporting to the Customer Service Manager, you will:
- Freight bookings, shipment coordination and documentation for both sea and air, and dry and perishable freight
- Quote air and sea rates
- Communicate with customers, statutory authorities, suppliers and service providers
- Maintain close relationships with key accounts
- Assist with transhipment freight coordination and administration
This is a full time permanent role, Monday to Friday business hours.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience working with Shipping Lines/Freight forwarding within NZ
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills
- A collaborative and cooperative 'team player' mindset
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage time
- Intermediate computer skills
In this role, each day presents different challenges so you will adapt to changes, while displaying empathy for all our customers. You will have great interpersonal and relationship building skills, with a real customer service ethos. Your communication skills will be second to none, both written and verbal. You need to be organised and a proven ability to identify areas of growth and improvement to ensure a seamless customer experience.
You will have the right to live and work in New Zealand at the time of applying. The successful candidate may be subject to undergo a Police Check and/or Pre-Employment Drug Test.
Our PFL Contribution:
- Competitive benefits package
- Hybrid working model
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects
- Company focused on wellness and health
If you are resilient, have a passion for providing exceptional customer service and a love for the shipping industry, then apply now!
EEO is the law - click here for more information