Pack Systems Specialist
- Delano, CA, USA
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Individual will perform preventative/predictive maintenance, repairs and improvements on industrial equipment in an automated food processing facility while keeping a high regard for employee safety, food quality and machine efficiency.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Knowledge of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to safely complete work assignments.
- Knowledge of safe and responsible operation, maintenance, and organization required for tools and equipment used in mechanical and electrical work to protect self and others in the work place.
- Perform and log uptime and downtime inspections, lubrications, and preventative maintenance. Capable of Troubleshooting, maintain, and perform corrective work on all packaging equipment within the facility
- Research system and component specifications using equipment manuals, schematics, parts breakdowns, online information, and vendor communication
- Ability to read and monitor meters, gauges, and pressure indicators to determine whether a machine is working properly.
- Creates/modifies work orders in Computerized Maintenance Management System, and documents details of work performed
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and ethical manner consistent with departmental rules and accepted industry standards
- Ability to work independently on projects or assignments without close supervision or detailed instructions to maximize workplace productivity.
- Ability to orally communicate with individuals or groups (e.g., supervisors, coworkers, and vendors) to provide accurate information, instruction, direction, and maintain effective working relationships.
- Collaborates with different levels of employees in various departments of the facility through face-to-face, telephone, email and radio communications
- Provide training and development to other.
- Escalate technical, procedural, and personnel related issues to direct lead
- Ability to work in various outdoor environments (e.g., sun, rain, wind, heat, cold) for extended periods of time to complete job tasks. or supervisor as necessary
- Ability to work in various temperatures (e.g., warm, hot, cold, freezing) to complete job tasks.
- Create work order request using Oracle for needed equipment repairs.
- Ability to clean work areas, machines, equipment, and tools to maintain proper working conditions and foster a clean and safe job site.
- Analyze problems and continuously improve equipment and processes
- Properly log all daily task, fill out and close work orders
- Ability to listen and follow oral directions to carry out assigned tasks according to directions by management.
- Perform other assigned duties that meet business needs.
Here's What You'll Do:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and on a consistent basis. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required; Three years or more of related experience and/or training in a production/manufacturing environment is preferred (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Effective English communication is a must, bilingual is preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills; experience using Microsoft office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, & Teams)
- To successfully support the business needs, the employee will be expected to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and rotating/varying shifts, as well as be available for emergency call-out as needed.
Employee must be physically able to:
- Stand and/or walk for up to 12 hour shift.
- Climb on a ladder or scaffolding to heights in excess of 10’, balance, and work above the shoulders frequently.
- Bend/stoop, kneel, crouch, and squat frequently for extended periods of time
- Use both hands for frequent grasping and occasional fine manipulation and fingering.
- Frequently carry up to 50 pounds of weight distances of up to 600 feet.
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds of weight from the floor to above the shoulders.
- Weights in excess of 50 pounds may need to be lifted between the floor and shoulders on rare occasions.
- Occasionally push various items, such as equipment, filters, motors, tools, pumps up to 75 pounds distances of up to 5’.
- Occasionally pull various items, such as compressors, tools and equipment up to 75 pounds distances of up to 35’.
- Work at heights that may require fall Protection Equipment.
- Capable of attaining Fall Protection certification
- Tolerate required personal protective equipment such as steel toed shoes, work gloves, safety glasses, ear protection, dust masks, safety belts and safety shoes on a continuous basis.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving – a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees’ hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package – Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information