Business Coordinator, Receiving
- Delano, CA, USA
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Business Coordinator will assist the Production Manager and Supervisor manage the daily activities of his/her area including ownership of the results, coaching the full time and temporary employees, interfacing with other departments and meeting departmental goals. One of the expectations of this position is that the candidate will be trained and will train and coach others (such as Leads 1 and 2) to work in all functional areas of the departments including but not limited to Receiving, Pre-Grade, Packing, Shipping and WIP Room. This position requires the ability to work with a team of over 60 employees
Here's what you'll do:
- Support Supervisor on the coordination and management of the inventory; cycle counting; training and certification of shipping and planning personnel. In addition to other activities of the area including safety, quality, food safety inspections scheduled within the shipping department.
- Demonstrate proactive planning for the department and area in terms of next day planning, safety, sanitation, maintenance and team needs. Communicate with other areas in regard to scheduling and other production planning and shipping related issues.
- Review time punch details for team members within their area.
- Holds team members accountable when having performance, attendance or company policies outages
- Work with other business coordinators or supervisors and managers to manage immediate tasks as well as outages and special request.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts at the facilities in Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Cost Productivity and Utilization
- Conduct Safety and Food Safety audits to assure compliance to PCA standards.
- Inspect equipment area and complete work orders as necessary.
- Responsible for operating computer systems to track quality trends and production activity of the production lines and the individual performances of the department.
- Daily auditing of the cleaning, inspections and 5S organization of the area. Teach and provide direction to employees to meet requirements.
- Interprets company policies and procedures to team members, works with team members to resolve job problems.
- Ensure team members are trained in the safe, correct and efficient operation of equipment in their area.
- Coach and inspire each member of their area to achieve a higher level of performance. Be a good role model in the department
- Ensure all safety meetings, incident investigations, follow-ups and audits are conducted in a timely manner as well as represent area in Safety committee meetings as a Safety Champion
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
This role will have a rotating shift of 4pm – 2:00am or 6:00pm – 4:00am. (Schedule will change every season)
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 1 to 2 years of a leadership role in a production environment preferred.
- The position requires precision and is very detail oriented.
- Speak, read and write in the English language, bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in oral and written form.
- Must work with fellow co-workers and promote a teamwork environment.
- Good problem solving skills and communication.
- Must have advanced computer skills; experience required using Microsoft Windows (i.e. Excel and Word).
- Basic mathematical skills required. Must understand ratios, minimums and maximums and percentages.
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable in a fast-paced work setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Mechanically inclined preferred
- The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand and remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time. Must be able to move about inside and outside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, production machinery and farming machinery. Must be able to operates a computer for long periods of time and other productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer/label printer. Must be able to frequently ascend/descend stairs/ladder. Must be able to position self to maintain equipment in production environment, including under and above the equipment. Must be able to communicate with co-workers, supervisor and customers. Must be able to frequently move items weighing up to 25 pounds as needed. Must have the ability to wear a company approved face mask for part and or all of your shift. The face mask must cover the nose and mouth when being worn.
- Must be available to work any shift if needed.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends.
- Must maintain excellent attendance record.
- Must be able to work overtime as the business requires.
- Must be production and quality focused
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving – a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees’ hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package – Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information