- Mission, TX, USA
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Sanitation Lead will manage the daily sanitation activities of his/her area, including ownership of the results, coaching the full time and temporary employees, interfacing with other departments and meeting sanitation goals. One of the expectations of this position is that the candidate will be trained and will train others to work in all functional areas of the departments including but not limited to sanitors and sanitation technicians.
Here's what you'll do:
- Supervise all activities for the cleaning and sanitation of the entire site including the processing, packaging, warehouse, and exterior areas.
- Proactively plans for next day required activities for the area according to master sanitation schedule.
- Work with multiple production departments to schedule sanitation activities and respond to sanitation problems.
- Monitor sanitation performance to verify procedures effectiveness.
- Manage chemical supply inventory.
- Monitor team member’s hours, breaks, lunch periods and schedules as efficiently as possible to minimize production downtime.
- Assist in development of new cleaning procedures and oversee the process to ensure that all equipment receives appropriate cleaning and sanitization periodically.
- Assist in the continuous improvement efforts at the facilities in Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Cost Productivity and Utilization.
- Conduct Safety and Food Safety audits to assure compliance to WC standards.
- Maintain audit readiness for Corporate, GMP, Government agencies, or other third party audits by ensuring all sanitation documentation is complete.
- Support the environmental and ATP programs.
- Daily auditing of the cleaning, inspections and 5S organization of the area.
- Teach and provide direction to employees to meet requirements.
- Interprets company policies and procedures to team members, works with them to resolve job problems.
- Ensure team members are trained in the safe, correct operation of sanitation equipment.
- Coach and inspire each member of their team to achieve a higher level of performance. Be a good role model in the department.
- Lead all safety meetings, incident investigations, follow-ups and audits as well as represent area in Safety committee meetings as a Safety Champion
- Ensure all safety meetings, incident investigations, follow-ups and audits are conducted in a timely manner as well as represent area in Safety committee meetings as a Safety Champion.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 1 to 2 years of a leadership role in a production environment preferred.
- The position requires precision and is very detail oriented.
- Speak, read and write in the English language, bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in oral and written form.
- Knowledge of fruit, fruit quality and grade characteristics is a plus but not required.
- Must work with fellow co-workers and promote a teamwork environment.
- Good problem-solving skills and communication.
- Basic computer skills; experience required using Microsoft Windows (i.e. Excel and Word).
- Basic mathematical skills required. Must understand ratios, minimums and maximums and percentages.
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable in a fast-paced work setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package -- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information