- Gloucester City, NJ, USA
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Operates forklift to move palletized fruit from set-off and storage areas to loading areas for truck and cold storage; may be required to bring filled and palletized fruit from packing area to storage or loading of trucks from time-to-time. May transfer other commodities where forklift is needed.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Must be able to drive a Sit-Down / Stand Up forklift in a safe manner.
- Must be able to pull fruit from the palletizing area from time – to – time and properly store.
- Adherence to production schedule and conveyance routes within cycle time.
- Must insure that fruit being placed on processing line is properly accounted for and necessary paperwork is turned in.
- May be required to perform daily maintenance of forklift including cleaning, checking of oil, water, loose nuts, bolts, connections and hydraulic hoses.
- Support production standard work processes i.e., area boards
- Communicating with other areas about scheduling and other production related issues.
- Responsible for tracking downtime, put-away, work order requests, and production results/costs.
- Use different equipment variety for inventory control.
- Able to work in different temperatures in and/or around the plant
- Submit work requests for equipment that is not in proper working order and strategize options for other means of performing without that equipment.
- Daily auditing of the cleanliness and 5S organization of the area
- Lead root cause analysis, problem solving activities
- High Performance Work Team concept with emphasis on ownership and accountability to the team.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
- H.S. School Diploma or GED; ability to read and write well.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift in confined areas with high levels of traffic.
- The position requires precision and is very detail oriented.
- Ability to perform mechanical troubleshooting, especially related to forklifts.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in oral and written form.
- Lead fellow co-workers and promote a teamwork environment.
- Must have good hand speed and the use of both hands to accomplish the above-described duties.
- Good problem-solving skills and communication
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package -- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information