- Delano, CA, USA
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Perform the responsibilities of the Production Planner for all of the varieties processed through the packing facility. Plans, prepares and communicates production schedules for the packing of all fresh citrus at the Paramount Delano facility. Manage the flow and inventory of packaging materials as necessary and will coordinate needs between production and sales departments.
Here’s what you’ll do:
• Acts as Liaison between our Sales Department and Operations.
• Clearly communicates to Sales Department the following situations:
- Production forecast and run plans
- Out Stock or oversupply conditions
- Excess Plant capacities
- Production constraints
- Fruit constraints
• Determine daily line capacities and fully utilize any excess.
• Creates, updates, and releases production estimates for each variety.
• Creates, updates, and releases Daily run lists, wash and pack batches, packing and bagging pitches.
• Schedule rotation of set-backs to insure maximum yield.
• Assure that all area leads have all of the information they need to execute schedules.
• Review SPM levels to minimize production shortages and over-pack.
• Report out daily schedule adherence for all production lines.
• Monitor and maintain SPM levels.
• Assist Transportation and Shipping with truck appointments
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must be very driven and self motivated to accomplish goals in a busy environment. Strong communication skills are a must. The person must be able to communicate effective and efficiently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and 1 year experience in production environment or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education from four-year college or technical school in Business Administration preferred.
- Previous experience in handling inventory, purchasing, materials planning and cost control.
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills, Proficient in Excel.
- 1-2 years of experience in inventory analysis and experience in purchasing practices.
- Previous work experience with Oracle inventory modules preferred.
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Advanced computer skills and familiar with computer spreadsheets programs (i.e. Excel).
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package -- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
EEO is the law - click here for more information