From tree to table, POM Wonderful delivers a whole lot of healthy. Known for our iconic double-bubble bottle, we grow, harvest, package, and market fresh pomegranates, pomegranate arils, and a selection of delicious pomegranate-blended juices and teas. With over 9,000 acres in California’s Central Valley, POM Wonderful is committed to unleashing the antioxidant power of our handpicked pomegranates.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for, but not limited to overseeing, maintaining, and performing tooling changes and setup. Installation and repair of electrical (minor electrical), plumbing, pneumatic, mechanical, hydraulic, and other production/processing equipment. They may be responsible for evaluating problematic systems or facilities and determining what installation or repair services need to be performed.
A Day in the Life at POM:
- Ensure all company and OSHA safety programs are followed.
- Ensure all GMP policies and Food safety procedures are followed.
- Ensure all required GFSI, FDA, USDA, Third Party Audit, and company procedures and policies related to food safety are followed.
- Inspects work for completeness. Informs supervisor when job assignments / PM are complete and ready for inspection.
- Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be used. Transfers equipment from one project to another as necessary.
- Keeps routine records and PM records up to date.
- Installs, inspects, repairs, and maintains the electrical (minor electrical), plumbing, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and other related systems.
- Inspects major contract work on mechanical and other related systems and assists when necessary in order to understand all new installations or changes.
Your Contribution to POM:
- Ability to install, inspect, repair, and maintain the basic electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic, hydraulic, and other related systems.
- Ability to perform various clean-up and maintenance tasks as needed.
- Ability to weld MIG/TIG, stick, and sanitary.
Education And Experience:
At least two years of education and training beyond high school level in general maintenance and repair, or a closely related area. One year of experience in maintenance operations including two years in a supervisory capacity.
POM's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
POM Wonderful is the largest grower and producer of fresh pomegranates and pomegranate juice in the United States as well as the worldwide leader in fresh California pomegranates and pomegranate-based products including our 100% pomegranate juices, healthy juice blends and teas. We grow, handpick and juice our own pomegranates to ensure the highest quality.
POM Wonderful is part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information