Senior Accountant- POM Wonderful
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
From tree to table, POM Wonderful delivers a whole lot of healthy. Known for our iconic double-bubble bottle, we grow, harvest, package, and market fresh pomegranates, pomegranate arils, and a selection of delicious pomegranate-blended juices and teas. With over 9,000 acres in California's Central Valley, POM Wonderful is committed to unleashing the antioxidant power of our handpicked pomegranates.
POM Wonderful is currently seeking a hands-on Senior Accountant to oversee aspects of the financial reporting and accounting close process, as well as preparation of various accruals and account reconciliations. This position reports directly to the Controller and requires working with many departments and teams. This person will be a highly motivated team player with excellent written skills, communication skills, Excel skills, ability to multi-task, and remain organized in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Prepare journal entries and various month end tasks related to accounting close
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations, such as inventory, unvouchered receivables, prepaids, and bank reconciliations.
- Review all inter-company activity and confirm balances at quarter end.
- Oversee completion of monthly financial statement consolidation, including posting of elimination entries for inter-company receivables/payables and equity.
- Review, prepare and analyze accounting transactions, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and provide variance explanations.
- Prepare annual reporting packages submitted to Corporate.
- Complete and review tax packages, working directly with the TWC tax team
- Proactively identify areas in need of improvement to increase overall team efficiency
- Assist management with adhoc research and reporting projects
- Assist with year-end audit requests.
- Participate in TWC-wide Financial Standardization project and assist in creating SOPs to be used post go-live as training materials.
- Regular travel to the plant in Fresno to interact with the finance & accounting team (travel by Company plane).
- Must be self-motivated and work well within a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, analytical and excel skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with people at all levels across the organization with a team mentality
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Special projects and tasks as directed.
- Proficient computer software and database skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Oracle and HFM knowledge are a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 3 or more years of accounting experience.
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred. CMA, CPA or MBA a plus
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health
POM Wonderful is the largest grower and producer of fresh pomegranates and pomegranate juice in the United States as well as the worldwide leader in fresh California pomegranates and pomegranate-based products including our 100% pomegranate juices, healthy juice blends and teas. We grow, handpick and juice our own pomegranates to ensure the highest quality.
POM Wonderful is part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
Check out a recent article about the completion of the solar farm at our Del Rey plant!
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information