Chef de Partie - Events (Estate)
Are you passionate about culinary and looking to work a few shifts a months in a beautiful environment?
Our JUSTIN Restaurant team is hiring a Chef de Partie for our Event Staff! A Chef de Partie is responsible for all culinary dishes that are prepared in their section. Because of this, a successful Chef de Partie must be very knowledgeable about his or her specialty, as well as culinary functions in general. A person in this role must also be very organized, comfortable working in a high-pressure environment and able to give orders within their section, as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the Sous Chef and Head Chef. This is a part-time position that is scheduled as needed to cover events and busy weekends. Come join our Michelin Star Nominated Restaurant!
- The Chef de Partie's primary role is to oversee the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food in the outdoor kitchen & executing the cheese & deli program.
- Assist with daily kitchen prep work and station set-up prior to service and maintaining the highest quality food preparation standards.
- Duties associated with this role: preparing, cooking, and presenting culinary dishes; enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen; and trouble-shooting any problems that may arise.
- Works with TRM Manager & Assistant Manager to build cheese program (deli & pairings)
- Prepares TRM cheese plates
- Controls deli case cost, inventory & places orders with Exec Chef
- Works with Exec and Sous chef to build and develop BBQ area offering
- Responsible for everything with the Outdoor BBQ area
- Supports the Restaurant with prep & execution of Events, Lunch, Brunch
- Proactively selects seasonal plantings for the garden based on Restaurant menu
- Maintain the JUSTIN garden and harvests vegetables & fruits for use in the kitchen and communicates what is available in the garden and what will be ready soon to the culinary team.
- 2+ Years Fine Dining Culinary Experience
- Culinary Degree Required
- Serv-Safe Certified
- Proficient in Menu design and Cost Control
- Demonstrated strong ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to establish direction, obtain commitment and execute appropriate logistical processes.
- Comfortable in Dealing with Guest and Purveyors on a daily Basis
- Exceptional attention to detail, and be passionate about food and wine
- Must thrive in a fast paced working environment
- Have a calm and approachable demeanor
- Superb time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to perform basic calculations such as adding, subtracting and dividing.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Wine and Merchandise Discounts
- All the FIJI water you can drink at work
- Wine Education Program
- Fun Work Environment
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties. Widely recognized for their iconic ISOSCELES Bordeaux blend, JUSTIN is also known for their Cabernet Sauvignon. The property at JUSTIN features a Tasting Room, luxury suite accommodations and a Restaurant -- making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In addition to its stellar hospitality offerings, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing JUSTIN as a leader in luxury Bordeaux variety winemaking. In 2015, JUSTIN was named "American Winery of the Year" by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, on-line store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about what makes JUSTIN so unique, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information