Associate Manager, Research & Insights
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
You may know us as FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Wonderful Pistachios, JUSTIN Wine, Teleflora and Halos, but we’re all Wonderful – and we have a great Associate Research Manager opportunity to join our growing, fast-moving, high-impact Research & Insights Team. We function like an in-house research agency but with the benefit of having a deep understanding and connection to the businesses we support so that our implications can have the greatest impact. Our research supports three primary verticals: our iconic consumer-facing brands, corporate initiatives, and philanthropic work, which is at the heart of working at Wonderful. We leverage both primary and secondary research to ensure that the voice of the consumer is represented in everything that we do. This is a great opportunity for a mixed methods researcher who wants to gain client-side experience, while still continuing to hone strong, foundational research skills and work across a wide range of topics.
The Associate Manager of Research and Insights will partner with cross-functional teams and work across all avenues of the company to support research projects from start to finish. This position will have the opportunity to work across various categories and brands, as well as research methodologies, with a strong focus on brand tracking.
A Day in the Life at Wonderful:
- Independently lead five Brand Trackers that occur on an annual or semi-annual basis. This includes being the primary client contact and responsibility analyzing ad hoc requests.
- Provide support on qualitative and quantitative ad hoc research projects for our iconic brands, corporate initiatives, and philanthropy research.
- Willing to be hands-on in the quantitative (survey design and development, creating banner and tab plans, checking survey links, etc.) and qualitative (screener development, managing recruiting, etc.) research processes.
- Develop concise, but actionable reports that highlight only the critical information needed to guide strategic decisions.
- Manage projects with research vendors, including establishing timelines and communication to ensure high quality research results are delivered to the team.
- Develop secondary research reports by summarizing readily available data sources to deepen clients’ market knowledge (e.g., innovation category deep-dives, competitive brand and product analyses).
- Proactively develops internal client relations, acting as a thought partner for all internal clients (brands, shared services, philanthropy).
Your Contribution to Wonderful:
- 2-4 years of experience in consumer and market research, preferably with vendor-side experience.
- Experience executing both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies start to finish.
- Experience managing brand trackers.
- Strong analytical skills and experience analyzing large data sets of both primary and secondary data.
- Expert in PowerPoint, including strong data visualization skills and ability to create concise, impactful reports.
- Must have strong project management skills and be comfortable managing multiple projects at once.
- Proven flexibility and willingness to switch gears with the needs of the business.
- Must be detail oriented without sacrificing a broad strategic perspective.
- Must be a focused, organized, results-oriented individual.
- Needs to work well autonomously, and bring a strong, conscientious work ethic.
- Comfort using pivot tables and understanding of IRI data a plus.
- Travel for in-field market research, when necessary 10-15% approximately.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
Wonderful's Dedication to You:
- Opportunity to strengthen research skills, including the ability to identify the right methodology based on the business question at hand.
- Professional development opportunities including weekly L&OD webinars and eLearning offerings (to be offered in-person once return to office).
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility.
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice every year.
- Company focus on health and wellness including an annual wellness stipend.
- Company events such as holiday parties, an annual off-site retreat, and happy hours.
The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health around the world. Its iconic brands include FIJI® Water, POM Wonderful®, Wonderful® Pistachios, Wonderful® Halos®, Wonderful® Seedless Lemons, Teleflora®, JUSTIN® Wines, JNSQ™ Wines and Landmark® Wines. The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information