Accounting Manager, Wonderful Orchards
- Shafter, CA, USA
With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
Wonderful Orchards is seeking an Accounting Manager to support our Shafter, CA corporate operations. This position is responsible for all aspects of the general ledger. The position will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and is responsible for timely and accurate financial accounting and reporting. The position requires the ability to work independently and multi-task while meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the monthly closing process and ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements with variance analysis for various internal and external reporting requirements.
- Direct the accounting activities and ensure the accuracy of the general ledger.
- Oversee and monitor activities associated with the accounts receivable function which includes but not limited to timely and accurate invoicing, reporting, and inquiries
- Respond to various requests placed on the Company by the corporate office.
- Work with related parties to confirm the accurate reporting of balances between entities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university majoring in Accounting or Finance, and 5+ years of supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area or equivalent combination education and experience.
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Strong analytical skills and extremely detailed-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Proven interpersonal skills essential.
- A team player, flexible, consistent and reliable, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products; Advance MS Excel skills.
- Familiarity with an automated accounting system.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to use database reporting tools is a plus.
- Commitment to delivering quality service that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and willingness to preserve confidentiality.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information