Chef de Partie
- Paso Robles, CA 93446, USA
Our Culinary Division is offering a $1000 hiring bonus: $500 after 30 days and $500 after 90 days of employment. Come join our Michelin Star nominated restaurant!
At JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, we offer guests the ultimate California food and wine experience with world class service. Our award-winning culinary team takes advantage of farm to table offerings, using fresh local ingredients that reflect the changing seasons.
A Chef de Partie is responsible for all culinary dishes that are prepared in their section. Because of this, a successful Chef de Partie must be very knowledgeable about his or her specialty, as well as culinary functions in general. A person in this role must also be very organized and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. A Chef de Partie must also be able to give orders within their section, as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the sous chef and head chef.
A Day in the Life:
- The Chef de Partie’s primary role is to oversee the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food in the outdoor kitchen & executing the cheese & deli program.
- Assist with daily kitchen prep work and station set-up prior to service and maintaining the highest quality food preparation standards.
- Duties associated with this role: preparing, cooking, and presenting culinary dishes; enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen; and trouble-shooting any problems that may arise.
- Works with TRM Manager & Assistant Manager to build cheese program (deli & pairings)
- Prepares TRM cheese plates
- Controls deli case cost, inventory & places orders with Exec Chef
- Works with Exec and Sous chef to build and develop BBQ area offering
- Responsible for everything with the Outdoor BBQ area
- Supports the Restaurant with prep & execution of Events, Lunch, Brunch
- Proactively selects seasonal plantings for the garden based on Restaurant menu
- Maintain the JUSTIN garden and harvests vegetables & fruits for use in the kitchen and communicates what is available in the garden and what will be ready soon to the culinary team.
Your Contribution to JUSTIN:
- 2+ Years Fine Dining Culinary Experience
- Culinary Degree Required
- Serv-Safe Certified
- Proficient in Menu design and Cost Control
- Demonstrated strong ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to establish direction, obtain commitment and execute appropriate logistical processes
- Comfortable in Dealing with Guest and Purveyors on a daily Basis
- Exceptional attention to detail, and be passionate about food and wine
- Must thrive in a fast paced working environment
- Have a calm and approachable demeanor
- Superb time management and organizational skills
JUSTIN's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information