Grower Relations Administrative Assistant
- Paso Robles, CA 93446, USA
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery is located in the Paso Robles region of California's Central Coast. We operate with a desire to make world class wines that reflect the unique soils and climate of the area. We take great pride in making Bordeaux-style blends and single varietals, combining Old World tradition with New World techniques.
Are you eager to learn about winemaking from grape to bottle? The JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery Production team is seeking a Grower Relations Admin Assistant! Under the direction of the Director of Grower Relations, a Grower Relations Administrative Assistant is responsible for administration and execution of all contracts for sourcing premium wine grapes to fulfill the many varying program needs. The role is critical in guaranteeing JUSTIN’s success by planning and ensuring our software systems accurately represent our harvest plans, grapes received and associated payments.
A Day in the Life at JUSTIN:
- Manage grape contracts, growers and payments for all brands using JD Edwards (JDE) software system
- Code and process invoices and purchase order requests
- Generate contracts from work orders and represent department as liaison with the Legal Department
- Manage harvest related tasks: weigh tag distribution, grower payments
- Manage state assessment reports annually
- Be a supportive resource for our Growers; assist with planning our annual grower events and tastings
- Assist the vineyard department with administrative needs as necessary
- Manage office supplies and materials as needed
- Special projects as needed
At JUSTIN we pride ourselves on being a fun, dynamic group where the scenery is active. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your Contribution to JUSTIN:
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of relevant administrative experience, in a related field
- Experience with JDE software is a plus but not required. We are looking for someone with a patient, welcoming personality who can manage a multitude of needs for the department. Attention to detail is critical. Strategic and thoughtful in your decision making and asking for help is always encouraged
- Ability to be highly flexible in a constantly changing operating environment
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Display a willingness to make decisions, exhibit sound and ethical judgment. When faced with a problem, identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully and collaboratively
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
JUSTIN's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information