Chef de Cuisine
- Paso Robles, CA 93446, USA
Have you always wanted to work at a fine-dining restaurant on the Central Coast? For the right candidate, we will offer relocation assistance and help you get here. Additionally, our Culinary Division is offering a $1000 hiring bonus: $500 after 30 days and $500 after 90 days of employment. Come join our Michelin Star nominated restaurant!
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for supporting the Executive Chef in developing and executing the winery's dining program including special events, Downtown, the Chef Garden and other culinary based programs. The Chef de Cuisine ensures all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurant's specifications and commitment to quality. This person will maintain a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen, demonstrate by example and use proper food-handling techniques while managing the line level staff within the above mentioned kitchens.
A Day In The Life at JUSTIN:
- The Chef de Cuisine's primary role is to oversee the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food related to the day program.
- Assist with daily kitchen prep work and station set-up prior to service and maintaining the highest quality food preparation standards.
- Duties associated with this role: preparing, cooking, and presenting culinary dishes; enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen; and trouble-shooting any problems that may arise.
- Works with TRM Manager & Assistant Manager to build and maintain a cohesive program between the front and back of the house
- Controls cost, efficiency, inventory & places orders with Exec Chef and or vendors
- Works with Exec and Sous chef to build and develop events and grab and go
- Responsible for training the staff in their department and holding accountable
- Responsible for maintaining organization of walk-ins, dry storage and other kitchen storage areas
- Responsible for ensuring that needed ingredients are ordered
- Responsible working with Chef and Chef de Cuisine to create seasonal appropriate dishes
- Supports the Restaurant with prep & execution of Events, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday programs.
- Proactively selects seasonal plantings for the garden based on Restaurant menu
- Maintain the JUSTIN garden and harvests vegetables & fruits for use in the kitchen and communicates what is available in the garden and what will be ready soon to the culinary team.
Your Contribution to JUSTIN:
- 3+ years fine dining culinary experience
- 2+ years management experience
- Culinary degree required or training experience of extensive cooking and production
- Serv-Safe Certified
- Proficient in Menu design and Cost Control
- Ability to establish direction, obtain commitment and execute appropriate logistical processes
- Exceptional attention to detail, and be passionate about food and wine
- Must thrive in a fast paced working environment
- Superb time management and organizational skills
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
JUSTIN's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant--making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that's situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information