- Napa, CA, USA
At Lewis Cellars, we take pride in our daily winemaking operations and the partnering relationships we have established in our Napa Valley to ensure we source the finest fruit and create highly sought-after wines for every vintage. As we join The Wonderful Company, we are continuing to expand our production team.
Lewis Cellars is looking for an Assistant Winemaker to help manage and participate in all aspects of winemaking from grape to bottle. As an essential part of the winemaking team, this candidate must demonstrate strong detail orientation and share a commitment to producing consistently outstanding wines, and who can taste and describe wines with confidence.
A Day in the Life at Lewis:
- As a small luxury winery, teamwork is essential to our success. This candidate must be a cooperative and communicative team player.
- Working at the direction of the Winemaker to coordinate and manage cellar operations
- Lead cellar staff to ensure conformance to quality standards, safety standards, in-house winemaking protocols and government regulations
- Direct all cellar activities including grape processing, fermentation management, additions, movements, blending, storage and the finishing of wines
- Daily organization of the crush-pad, cellar operations, laboratory analysis, detailed record keeping, bottling preparation, quality control, and executing blending and tastings for winemaking team
- Ensure all company policies and safety policies are adhered to in respective working areas
- Ability to micro-manage day-to-day details and implement long-term goals of producing a luxury brand
- Prepare blending and tasting trials for winemaking team while maintaining integrity and quality
- Delegate duties effectively amongst production team while interacting with various departments and personality types
- Supervise all harvest interns. Work closely with lab harvest intern
- Generate and input work orders into Winemakers Database software
Your Contribution to Lewis:
- 3+ years of wine related experience required
- B.S. in Enology/Viticulture or related field required. Relevant wine making experience
- Competent forklift driving skills
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English. Conversational Spanish desired
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow. Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of modern sanitation protocols and experience in the procurement/QA of packaging supplies is desired
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
Lewis' Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Since 1992, Lewis Cellars has flourished from a small family winery into a continually growing world-class winemaking facility in Napa Valley. We take pride in our daily winemaking operations and the partnering relationships we have established to ensure we pursue our production goals. Sourcing the finest fruit exclusively from Calistoga, St. Helena, Rutherford and Oak Knoll, our carefully selected varietal characters result in top-scoring, world class wines. To discover more about Lewis Cellars, please visit our website Lewis Cellars.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information