Estate Tasting Room Host
- Paso Robles, CA 93446, USA
At JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, we offer guests the ultimate California food and wine experience with world class service. Our award-winning culinary team takes advantage of farm to table offerings, using fresh local ingredients that reflect the changing seasons. If you're looking for a full-time position and enjoy providing amazing customer service while working alongside a supportive team, this could be a great opportunity for you!
Our team is seeking a new Host/Hostess! As the Host/Hostess, you will clear and reset tables and bars in a speedy, professional, and effective manner as guests leave. You will also be responsible for the appearance of the Tasting Room and surrounding areas and supporting the Tasting Room Staff with clearing tables, glass polishing, and restocking of wine and merchandise. This position is part of the tip share pool, and is a great opportunity for someone who is open to working on the weekends.
A Day In the Life at JUSTIN:
- Meet and greet customers at the Tasting Room
- Wash dishes and glassware
- Polish glasses
- Ensure trash receptacles are emptied as needed and are sorted and placed in designated areas
- Clear and clean tables after wine tastings are complete
- Assist in packing wine orders
- Assemble cheese plates for customers
- Wipe down and clean patio furniture as needed
- Participate in and ensure compliance with all opening and closing duties as determined and published by the Tasting Room Manager
- Assist in special events setup, breakdown, and clean up
- Keep up to date on new JUSTIN releases, as well as viticulture and winemaking techniques
- Follow all company safety procedures and company policies
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your Contribution to JUSTIN:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to work weekends
- Previous experience in a winery or restaurant setting preferred
- Show a strong interest in customer service
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math calculations
- Proven success in applying common sense to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Strong problem-solving skills involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
JUSTIN's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant--making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that's situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information