Desktop Support Technician
- Shafter, CA, USA
With approximately 100,000 net acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Our core focus is on farming, providing us with deep expertise in every aspect of growing these crops, including all cultural aspects, pest control, irrigation technologies and specialized equipment use, all tied together with sophisticated information systems.
Our team is growing! We are currently looking for a Desktop Support Technician based in Shafter, CA to support IT needs of our office and field end users. We are seeking an experienced individual that exhibits great customer service and problem solving skills. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment in an evolving industry, this is the ideal role for you!
The responsibilities of the Desktop Support Technician include, but are not limited to the following:
- Service desk ticket creation, problem resolution, escalation, follow-up, documentation, and closure
- Monitor, document, and repair IT devices, applications, and services
- Apply device security patches and remediation
- IT asset inventory control
- Support entire hardware and software lifecycle
- Apply deployment standards and ensure compliance
- Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED equivalent and 2+ years hands-on experience IT hardware/software user support. Associates Degree or advanced degree preferred.
- CompTia A+, Network+, Associates Degree in Computer Science or other technical disciplines and/or equivalent experience
- Proficient with various computers, mobile devices, telecom, printers, infrastructure devices, desktop application setup and support
- Familiar with IP Network basics and terminology; LAN/WAN IP network infrastructure, VLAN
- Experience with device imaging & policy software
- Advance MS Office skills with focus on Office 365
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multitask
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, punctual and responsible
- Active problem-solver and results-oriented
- Ability to work well in a team setting
Ability to demonstrate superior customer service and phone etiquette
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information