King Air SIC - Wonderful Aviation
- Bakersfield, CA, USA
The Second-In-Command (SIC) reports to the Chief Pilot and is responsible to the Captain. The SIC is responsible for execution of flight operations with guidance from the PIC. The SIC shall remain in compliance with all applicable regulations and the policies in the General Operations Manual (GOM). The SIC is the company’s most visible representative to passengers and must act with tact and decorum while ensuring an efficient and safe flight operation.
Safety, service, and standardization is the motto of the aviation department. All departmental employees will be responsible for contributing to a positive culture that treats each other with professionalism and respect. A polite and positive demeanor is expected from everyone.
- Act as Second-In-Command of company aircraft as assigned
- Assure that aircraft is operated in compliance with all applicable regulations and the policies in the GOM.
- Maintain currency of all licenses, certificates, and training
- Assist PIC with preflight actions
- Use checklists in accordance with the GOM
- Know and adhere to all security procedures
- Conduct self in a professional manner.
- Possess strong leadership skills and work ethic
- Must be accessible by mobile phone 24/7 except on scheduled days off
- Work hours can extend past normal office hours
- Non-flying duties and responsibilities will be assigned.
- Travel estimated to be 80%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 500 total flying hours
- Commercial Multi-Engine Land License with Instrument Rating
- 50 hours multi-engine
- Restricted Radio Operators Permit
- Second Class Medical
- Valid US Passport
- No aircraft accidents or incidents, or full explanation of circumstances
- No past or pending FAA violations or full explanation of circumstances
- Able to present for inspection all logbooks, licenses, and medical certificate
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language.
- Basic computer skills
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information