King Air Captain - Wonderful Aviation
- Bakersfield, CA, USA
Safety, service, and standardization is the motto of the aviation department. All departmental employees will be responsible for contributing to a positive culture, which treats each other with professionalism and respect. A polite and positive demeanor is expected by everyone in all departmental and corporate activities. The Captain will transport passengers, mail, or freight, or other commercial not for hire purposes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. The duties described below may not be an all-inclusive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Assure that aircraft is operated in accordance with all applicable federal aviation regulations and other regulatory agencies
- Maintain currency of all personal licenses, certificates, and training
- Responsible for assisting in dispatching and commanding aircraft
- Assure that all required equipment, documents, and certificates are onboard the aircraft prior to dispatch
- Monitor weather conditions en route that may affect the flight, i.e., destination weather, wind conditions, fuel supply, alternate airports, air traffic, etc.
- Inform scheduling / dispatch of his/her place of contact, arrival and departure times and passenger manifest changes
- Know and adhere to all security procedures
- Conduct self in a business-like manner, properly dressed, confident, courteous and showing evident good will that will be reassuring to passengers and indicate a concern for their safety, comfort and well being
- Strong team building and leadership skills along with a strong work ethic are required
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity, and fulfillment of commitments
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Candidates should have a Commercial, Multi-Engine Instrument Airplane Certificate (Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, preferred) with a minimum of 1,500 hours total time and 200 hours in type
- Ability to determine that aircraft is current on its maintenance inspection status and is ready for dispatch
- Experience monitoring and checking of weather, air traffic, navigation facilities, NOTAMS, airport and runway requirements, emphasizing safety, comfort, and mission success
- Ability to accept duties delegated by the PIC when acting as SIC on Wonderful Aviation aircraft
- Ability to make and assist in decisions to continue, cancel or implement alternate plans for flights where an element of uncertainty exists
- Experience with proper check list usage for all segments of ground and flight operations
- Knowledge of all security procedures
- AA degree or equivalent experience associated with business aviation operations
- Required computer skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge and use of Foreflight, Jeppesen Charts, FMS avionics technology a plus
- Travel estimated to be 80%
- Must be accessible by mobile phone 24/7 except on scheduled days off. Work hours can extend past normal office hours
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information