Chef de Partie (Line Cook)
- Paso Robles, CA 93446, USA
Our Culinary Division is offering a $1000 hiring bonus: $500 after 30 days and $500 after 90 days of employment. Come join our Michelin Star nominated restaurant!
A Chef de Partie (Line Cook) is responsible for all culinary dishes that are prepared in their section. Because of this, a successful grill cook must be very knowledgeable about his or her specialty, as well as culinary functions in general. A person in this role must also be very organized, comfortable working in a high-pressure environment and also be able to give orders within their section, as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the Sous Chef and Head Chef.
A Day In The Life at JUSTIN:
- The Chef de Partie's primary role is to oversee the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food in their respective section of the dinner kitchen operation/menu.
- Assist with daily kitchen prep work and station set-up prior to service and maintaining the highest quality food preparation standards.
- Duties associated with this role: preparing, cooking, and presenting culinary dishes; enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen; and trouble-shooting any problems that may arise.
- Works with Chef and Chef de Cusine to maintain standards and create new dishes
- Will focus on grilling, sauting foods and dishes for lunch. Ability to consistently cook proteins at proper temperatures in a timely fashion is a must.
- Ability to read and reiterate tickets.
- Works with Exec and Chef de Cuisine to prepare and execute any events
- Supports the Restaurant with prep & execution of Events, Lunch
- Picks garnish as needed from the JUSTIN garden and communicates product needs
Your Contribution to JUSTIN:
- 2+ Years Fine Dining Culinary Experience
- Culinary Degree Required preferred not required
- Serv-Safe Certified
- Demonstrated strong ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to establish direction, obtain commitment and execute appropriate logistical processes.
- Comfortable in Dealing with Guest and Purveyors on a daily Basis
- Exceptional attention to detail, and be passionate about food and wine
- Must thrive in a fast paced working environment
- Have a calm and approachable demeanor
- Superb time management and organizational skills
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
JUSTIN's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant--making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that's situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information