Estate Tasting Room Supervisor
- Paso Robles, CA 93446, USA
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery offers a one of a kind experience for wine lovers on the Central Coast. We serve the ultimate California food and world class wine and top it with our exceptional customer service to give our guests a great experience, every visit. To continue pursuing this leading service, we are seeking a professional and efficient Estate Tasting Room Supervisor to join our team!
This position serves as a positive role model for all staff and fills in for the Tasting Room Manager and Assistant Manager as needed. This supervisor plays a key role in daily tasting room activities including: positive customer interactions, meeting daily revenue goals, meeting Wine Society sign-up goals, staff training, and positive interaction with employees from other departments (hospitality, marketing, Wine Society, production, etc.).
A Day In the Life at JUSTIN:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to 12-15 tasting room employees by effectively communicating and enforcing company policies, procedures, department operations, hiring and training tasting room attendants, and partnering with other departments to develop and promote the JUSTIN brand image and products
- Work with events leadership to help organize, plan, document events, while also communicating with clients any necessary details
- Mentor and develop wine guides for next level responsibilities; communicate daily with guides around daily sales goals and Wine Society sign-up goals; hold guides accountable to daily goals
- Perform management duties on Tasting Room Manager and/or Assistant Tasting Room Manager's days off
- Support the Tasting Room Manager in achieving or exceeding financial goals including ISOSCELES Reserve Club recruitment and wine sales
- Help maintain clean and tidy work areas
- Ensure that guests receive communication around all parts of JUSTIN, including Restaurant, Inn, and both Estate and Downtown Tasting Rooms
- Create and execute engaging, educational, and memorable positive guest experiences
- Resolve guest concerns/complaints using good judgment and tact
Your Contribution to JUSTIN:
- Bachelors or equivalent experience and two (2) years retail sales experience with responsibility for managing a team. Experience in the wine industry required
- Excellent Communication skills —speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts productive meetings
- Leadership & Management skills — serves as a mentor to the team, accepts and provides feedback and provides guidance for process improvement and performance growth
- Proven experience in training and developing productive, team based staff members
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
JUSTIN's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information