Materials Specialist, Wonderful Nurseries
- Wasco, CA 93280, USA
Wonderful Nurseries is the largest vine nursery in North America. Headquartered near Bakersfield, CA we offer over 500 scion clones and 30 rootstocks with over 800,000 square feet of greenhouse. We also produce almond trees, pomegranate trees, seeded UCB1 pistachio trees, and our proprietary Wonderful pistachio clonal rootstock. As the only nursery with an in-house virus testing lab, Wonderful Nurseries sets the industry standard in focusing on clean material and the highest quality plants.
The Materials Specialist will manage stock inventory levels, communicate orders with suppliers, handle all incoming freight, and manage all warehousing activities of Wonderful Orchards equipment and related materials. This position plays a key role in procurement of all farming materials. The ideal candidate will be proactive, technologically savvy, and exhibit great customer service and time management skills. This position reports to the Warehouse Manager.
This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Provide administrative support in all procurement assigned tasks.
- Office and warehouse environment
- Indoor/Outdoor shop working areas
- Occasional local travelChemical handling
- Minimum High School diploma or GED required
- Computer skills
- Communication stills
- Prior customer service experience
- Ability to work in a high energy and pace culture
- Good time management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office programs and Oracle programs
- Bilingual a Plus
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information