Property and Risk Manager
- Shafter, CA, USA
With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. 35 years strong, and still growing! Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
Wonderful Orchards is seeking a Property and Risk Manager! The Property and Risk Manager is responsible for the coordination and support of companywide property acquisitions, financial and analytical support related to lenders, appraisals, solar, cell tower and land leases, risk analysis for all crops grown or supported by Wonderful Orchards and its related entities.
- Collect and help analyze the numerous property offerings which are presented to Wonderful Orchards and its entities
- Assist in identifying trends in the current agriculture real estate market by tracking agricultural sales and listings throughout the state of California
- Prepare listing reports and property status reports for internal management as required
- Prepare ranch data for annual internal appraisal
- Assist in lender matters as needed
- Knowledge and experience of reading property documents such as legal descriptions and title reports
- Managing and reconciling property system database
Insurance and Risk
- Analyze and prepare yield data for annual crop insurance review, all entities
- Crop/Bee Insurance forecast
- Perform property loss evaluations, as needed
- Ad-hoc Analysis
Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Agricultural Business, or a related field required and 5+ years real estate experience or equivalent operational experience with related responsibilities. Previous experience in agriculture real estate or crop insurance preferred.
SPECIFIC KNOWELDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of real estate and real estate appraisal as it relates to the agricultural industry
- Proactively analyze data to answer questions
- Real Estate license IS NOT required
- Demonstrated experience working with related data fields
- Familiarity with resources available for ensuring compliance
- Knowledge of the agricultural industry is a plus
- Valid California Drivers License
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow for effective working relationships with all levels of the organization, outside agencies and outside real estate brokers, agents and appraisers.
- Must be highly organized team player with strong critical thinking skills and an acute attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong time-management skills along with ability to prioritize and communicate immediate and long-term priorities and deadlines
- Able to manage multiple deadlines and projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with MS Office Products
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
** COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information