Business Operations Specialist
- Shafter, CA, USA
With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. 35 years strong, and still growing! Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
Wonderful Bees, a division of Wonderful Orchards, is currently seeking to fill the position of a Business Operations Specialist to support our operation’s supply chain, logistics, and honey sales. This position will be based out of Shafter, CA and reports to the VP of Bee Operations. The Business Operations Specialists plans, organizes, and coordinates related activities by performing the following duties
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for operations supply chain strategy
- Oversees yield estimation and analysis
- Monitor expenses and budget in line with the finance and accounts department
- Schedule, coordinate, and monitor all transportation logistics of beehives
- Facilitate honey and wax sales from field to customer, including arranging shipment documentation, supplier documents, and pre-sale product testing
- Maintain and growing customer relationships
- Collaborate with Legal, Marketing, and other departments to generate new contracts, including property leases, yard access contracts, and other critical documents
- Create and renew operational, hive movement and other permits
- Provide detailed reports on sales activities, contract statuses, industry related information and management requests
- Conduct research, analyze data and prepare written and verbal presentations for internal and external meetings and various projects
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations, Supply Chain Management or related discipline and 3+ years business development or related experience or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Proficient user application in Microsoft office products – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and presentation skills required
- Ability to think analytically and using judgment for decision making
- Ability to work independently and in cross functional teams
- Ability to prioritize, adapt and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong drive to exceed goals
- Minimal travel may be required 25 - 35% of the time within US
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information