Senior Food Technologist - Fresno County, CA
- Del Rey, CA 93616, USA
Here's what we bring to the table:
* Competitive Salary/Benefits package including Medical (with 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility
* Access to fully Equipped On-site Gym
*On-site subsidized Cafe
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
* Work-Life balance
POM Wonderful is the largest grower and producer of fresh pomegranates and pomegranate juice in the United States as well as the worldwide leader in fresh California pomegranates and pomegranate-based products, including our 100% pomegranate juices, teas and innovative juice blends sold in the iconic double-bubble bottle. With nearly two million pomegranate trees in Central California, we grow, handpick and juice our own pomegranates to ensure the highest quality. By managing the entire production process from tree to bottle, POM Wonderful guarantees that our products come from only one source--100% California-grown POM Wonderful pomegranates. Sold throughout the world and in the vast majority of North American retailers, our selection of products includes pomegranate-based juices and teas, fresh fruit when in season, and fresh arils, as well as industrial products such as juice concentrate and pomegranate extract.
POM Wonderful is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $400 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
POM Wonderful is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
- Apply knowledge of Food Processing during R&D developmental projects
- Modify existing products and processes and develop new products/concepts
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources
- Provide technical support to the plant, troubleshoot problems, and propose technical solutions. Analyze, evaluate and document data and standards
- Represent R&D on cross-functional project teams and drive R&D priorities
- Effectively work with cross functional teams like Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Finance, Engineering, Quality, Process Control, etc.
- Ability to partner with a wide variety of external resources, including contract manufacturers, equipment vendors and ingredient suppliers
- Maintain accurate project files, formulations, specifications and product/project data
- Provide regular project status and progress reports to the management
- Conduct experiments and produce sample products
- Check and improve quality control procedures from the raw material stage through to the finished product
- Select raw materials and other ingredients from suppliers.
- Prepare product costing based on raw materials
- Address issues of food safety and quality
- Coordinate pilot trials and production trials
- Compile, check, approve product specifications and labelling
- Work with production to develop solutions to production issues whilst maintaining food safety
- Work with suppliers on quality issues and new product ideas
- Ability to see the “big picture” business perspective, but is willing to “roll up their sleeves” and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Show ownership, leadership and proactively work on projects to grow the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Demonstrated problem solving
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work with strict hygiene rules
- Ability to employ creative and innovative thought processes.
- Ability to perform analysis and communicate results effectively.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project
- Ability to travel when needed, up to 50%
- Should be able to lift up to 50 pounds of product during lab work
- Ability to taste
- 10+ Years of Experience
- Must have an R&D Background
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO is the law - click here for more information