Office Administrator, Wonderful Bees
- Punta Gorda, FL, USA
With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. 35 years strong, and still growing! Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
The Officer Administrator will use independent judgement to make decisions on procedures and practices for specific work situations pertaining to apiculture operations and personnel. The incumbent will assist with a variety of administrative duties including processing payroll, onboarding new hires, employee relations and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations.
- Perform onboarding for new hires
- Process payroll using proprietary systems
- Address employee queries regarding procedures, hardware, and equipment
- Implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the company’s overall business strategy
- Facilitate communication between employees and corporate on benefit inquiries
- Coordinate Workers’ comp process efforts including medical appointments
- Coordinate employee per diem through cash cards for travel
- Assign key fob and obtain fuel pins for qualified drivers
- Facilitate communication between management and employees in English/Spanish
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances and concerns
- Provide summary and recommended action plans regarding staffing needs
- Coordinate with IT department on all device needs
- Issue employee equipment on an as needed basis
- Interface with Operations Manager to plan and prioritize personnel activities
- Plan in-house or off-site activities
- Nurture a positive work environment
- Additional duties to be assigned by the Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution desired or equivalent experience
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish (verbal and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Display mature and tactful professionalism
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information