Accounting Manager, Operational Accounting
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
It's more than just water. FIJI Water is known for its iconic square bottle and unique mineral profile. Since 1996, FIJI Water has embodied what it means to be Earth's Finest Water® and is sold in more than 90 countries. FIJI Water is committed to doing business responsibly and seeking opportunities to make a difference. This means investing in sustainability, the environment, and local communities to enable positive change.
The Accounting Manager, Operational Accounting will oversee and direct the daily accounting responsibilities of our JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery businesses and the shared Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams. The Accounting Manager, Operational Accounting will oversee the analysis, preparation, and reporting of GAAP compliant company financial data, while maintaining a system of accounting records, and a set of controls designed to mitigate risk, and to enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results.
The ideal candidate for the Accounting Manager, Operational Accounting is someone who has at least 6+ years of corporate accounting in addition to 2+ years of public accounting. This role requires a seasoned Accounting Manager, with strong communication and interpersonal skills, outstanding ability to build relationships with the executive team, senior management, peers and subordinates. Candidate should enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, complex environment. As well as, be self-motivated, detail oriented and have a commitment to continuous improvement.
A Day In the Life at FIJI Water:
- Oversee daily operations of the JUSTIN accounting department. Provide coaching and hands-on assistance as needed
- Manage all aspects of the account receivable and accounts payable to maintain strong vendor and customer relations (domestic & international) including Deduction Team. AP, AR & Deductions team support JUSTIN and FIJI Water business units
- Manage & ensure compliance with all business licenses and permits, including vehicles, winery, alcohol and warehousing among others
- US bank account management, corporate reporting and government filings
- Provide internal and external finance regulatory reports, including needed business licenses and all government finance requirements (domestic & international)
- Liaise with Corporate Treasury to properly forecast and manage cash balances
- Champion and sustain all financial and accounting software systems
- Enhance IT systems to standardize, streamline and ensure proper controls are in place
- Assist with financial management of foreign operations to include financial and budget policies and procedures, including GAAP & IFRS compliance
- Partner with the FP&A team to work with department heads to monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and explain the variances, in actionable terms. Assist with the preparation of financial outlooks, and financial forecasts. Provide quarterly Overhead analysis.
- Responsible for all month end close activities
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for the Operational Accounting department and each associate
- Lead, mentor and development of six direct reports and the entire corporate Accounting team
- Manage Accounting related projects
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned
Your Contribution to FIJI Water:
- 6+ years of experience, including 2+ years of public accounting and 6+ years of corporate accounting. Big 4 experience preferred
- Excellent accounting background and knowledge of accounting and finance compliance, month end closing, general ledger, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis
- CPA Required. Strong working knowledge of cost accounting and associated GAAP matters
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems -- Oracle, JD Edwards, QuickBooks Enterprise and Hyperion experience, as well as experience with an ERP implementation a plus
- Proven problem-solving skills -- defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending corrective action
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication, strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage and motivate remote teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Travel 20-25% (domestic)
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
Wonderful's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company dedicated to harvesting health around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information