- Shafter, CA, USA
With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. 35 years strong, and still growing! Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
Wonderful Bees, a division of Wonderful Orchards, is currently seeking to fill the position of an Operations Administrator to support our administrative functions and business office operations. This position will be based out of Shafter, CA and reports to the VP of Bee Operations. The Operations Administrator oversees accounts payable, payroll administration, and labor coordination by performing the following duties
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support various departments, including Bees’ operations, labor force, accounting, finance, and fleet management
- Record production of honey by tracking raw honey sales and inventory
- Support invoicing, and purchasing, and credit card/p-card reconciliation by generating and analyzing invoices and expense reports
- Organize and conduct annual new hire orientations for seasonal H2A employees
- Support full onboarding process for H2A hires, including coordination of designated work locations for crews and safety compliance trainings
- Payroll administration by reviewing and approving timecards and sending per diem request
- Labor coordination by collaborating with crew management to establish work schedules and ensure labor laws are being followed
- Handle day to day emails and inquiries
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations, Management or related discipline and 3+ years of experience in office/business development or related experience or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, and payroll
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Proficient user application in Microsoft office products – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and presentation skills required
- Ability to think analytically and using judgment for decision making
- Ability to work independently and in cross functional teams
- Ability to prioritize, adapt and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong drive to exceed goals
- Minimal travel may be required 25 - 35% of the time within US
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information