Maintenance Mechanic - Fresh
- Del Rey, CA 93616, USA
Here's what we bring to the table:
* Competitive benefits package including Medical (with 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility
* Access to fully Equipped On-site Gym
*On-site subsidized Cafe
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
* Work-Life balance
POM Wonderful is the largest grower and producer of fresh pomegranates and pomegranate juice in the United States as well as the worldwide leader in fresh California pomegranates and pomegranate-based products, including our 100% pomegranate juices, teas and innovative juice blends sold in the iconic double-bubble bottle. With nearly two million pomegranate trees in Central California, we grow, handpick and juice our own pomegranates to ensure the highest quality. By managing the entire production process from tree to bottle, POM Wonderful guarantees that our products come from only one source--100% California-grown POM Wonderful pomegranates. Sold throughout the world and in the vast majority of North American retailers, our selection of products includes pomegranate-based juices and teas, fresh fruit when in season, and fresh arils, as well as industrial products such as juice concentrate and pomegranate extract.
POM Wonderful is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $400 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
POM Wonderful is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
The Maintenance Mechanic is resposible of conducting machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service. Duties include maintaining of machinery, mechanical equipment (engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems) and production equipment
Here's what you'll do:
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Make repairs to equipment using sound mechanical practices and techniques.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Develop welding skills for Stainless Steel TIG, MIG process through in house training.
- Safely complete electrical troubleshooting and work as assigned based on electrical qualified person requirements based on our Electrical Safety program.
- Stores purchased parts in maintenance shop and report parts used to the maintenance dept.
- Maintain Daily paper work on time.
- Properly service and maintain pick-up trucks, golf carts, Scissor lifts and Man-lifts
- Pass the forklift test and become a certified driver.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and extreme cold.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years machine operating experience
- Process Operations certificates
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO is the law - click here for more information