Senior Wine Guide - Estate
- Paso Robles, CA 93446, USA
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery offers a one-of-kind experience for wine lovers on the Central Coast. Not only do we offer tastings and tours, we also offer a world-class dining experience and luxurious accommodations on our expansive, breathtaking property. Our immaculate JUST Inn is looking to add a Concierge to the Hospitality team, and if you're looking for a full-time position (with benefits) and enjoy providing amazing customer service, this could be a great opportunity for you.
This position fills in for the Tasting Room Manager and Assistant Manager as needed. This position plays a role in daily tasting room activities including: positive customer interactions, meeting daily revenue goals, meeting Wine Society signup goals, customer service, and positive interaction with employees from other departments (hospitality, marketing, wine society, production, etc.).
A Day In The Life at JUSTIN:
- Assists the Tasting Room Manager achieve or exceed financial goals including:
- Tasting Room wine sales
- Wine Society signup goals
- IR Goals
- Resolves guest concerns/complaints using good judgment and tact.
- Gives direction to staff and delegates responsibility as needed.
- Facilitates and promotes good communication between all departments (Hospitality, Marketing, Wine Society, Accounting, Production, Housekeeping, etc.).
- Proactively communicates tasting room concerns to Tasting Room Assistant Manager and Tasting Room Managers.
- Opens and closes the Estate or Downtown Tasting Rooms as needed, complete closing reporting, and communicate concerns to the Assistant Tasting Room Manager and Tasting Room Managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Problem solving--the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully and collaboratively.
- Oral communication--the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts productive meetings.
- Leadership--the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others.
- Judgment--the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
- Safety and security--the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Your Contribution to JUSTIN:
- LVL 1 Sommelier certification through any applicable wine professional organization
- Excellent attendance
- Proven success working with others.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to people at all levels
- Must be well versed in systems.
- Ability to establish direction, obtain commitment and execute appropriate management processes
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
JUSTIN's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant--making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that's situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information