Full Time Wine Guide - Estate
- Paso Robles, CA 93446, USA
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery offers a one-of-kind experience for wine lovers on the Central Coast. Not only do we offer tastings and tours, we also offer a world-class dining experience and luxurious accommodations on our expansive, breathtaking property. Our immaculate JUST Inn is looking to add a Concierge to the Hospitality team, and if you're looking for a full-time position (with benefits) and enjoy providing amazing customer service, this could be a great opportunity for you.
The Wine Guide is responsible for all daily activities and requirements related to Tasting Room operation. Wine Guides are required to complete the JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery education program. Tasting room activities include but are not limited to: excellent customer service, general stocking and cleaning, tours, weekend lounge execution, outreach, and cooperation with all departments.
A Day In The Life at JUSTIN:
- Assist in the achievement of financial goals including:
- Tasting Room and Wine Society Lounge wine sales
- Tasting Room merchandise and food sales
- Tour Program signups
- Wine Society signup goals.
- Create and execute engaging, educational, and memorable positive guest experiences.
- Perform monitoring and stocking duties as assigned.
- Be timely and punctual with regards to scheduling requirements.
- Be prepared to help other departments as needed.
- Give tours as needed.
- Ensure that the tasting room is neat and tidy at all times (e.g. re-fold t-shirts, etc. as necessary).
- Assist in the development of a list of 50,000 non-club members to market to by coming up with innovative ideas to gather email addresses.
- Maintain clean and tidy work areas, including:
- Tasting Room -- all bar areas must be clear of unnecessary POS, flyers, etc.
- Tasting Room Office -- the shared desk area must be clear and available for employees to use as necessary.
- Garage -- keep clean and free of unnecessary items, ensure all back stock of shopping bags, merchandise, POS, etc. is organized and easy for staff to find.
- Warehouse -- organization of the wine pallets must be done on a regular basis. Coordinate with a forklift certified employee and the inventory controller to ensure inventory is accessible, neat, and orderly.
- Resolve guest concerns/complaints using good judgment and tact. Elevate complaints to management when necessary.
- Complete the JUSTIN Educational Training program.
- Attend tasting room monthly meeting, plus shorter weekly meetings.
- Attend local tasting events as directed by the Tasting Room Manager. Long distance travel is not required for this position.
- Collaborate with the Lead Tour Guide, Wine Society Coordinator, and Hospitality department on Outreach efforts as directed.
- Facilitate and promote good communication between all departments (Hospitality, Marketing, Wine Society, Accounting, Production, Housekeeping, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Your Contribution to JUSTIN:
- Two (2) years retail sales preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proven success working with others.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Must possess a passion for wine and the wine industry
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Must be able to perform basic calculations such as adding, subtracting and dividing.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
JUSTIN's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant--making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that's situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information