- Paso Robles, CA 93446, USA
In 1981, we planted our first vineyard with a mission to make world-class Bordeaux-style blends, but since then we've expanded our knowledge of viticulture in the unique region of Paso Robles. At JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, we combine traditional Old-World methods like hand-harvesting and small-barrel aging in French oak with New World technology.
Our production team is seeking a Cellar Supervisor. The Cellar Supervisor acts as team leader while supervising and/or performing various work assignments in the cellar including bottling, racking, transferring, filtering, crushing, pressing, and other production-related activities. You will be responsible for the maintenance of forklifts, filters, pumps, presses, hoses, and other cellar equipment. We are looking for someone who is experienced in all aspects of wine processes from grape to bottle and can direct less experienced crew members. The successful candidate is a self-starter who is hard-working, detail-oriented, and a team player with strong organizational skills.
A Day in the Life at JUSTIN:
- Assist in managing daily supervision of the cellar staff to ensure a safe, efficient and productive work environment
- Adhere to and instruct cellar staff to follow established company food safety and good manufacturing practices
- Supervise, train, and develop production staff to company winemaking standards
- Ensure all production equipment is properly maintained and operating to safety standards
- Oversee sanitation of cellar area, equipment, and tanks
- Responsible for tank and barrel management
- Provide progress reports on status of cellar activities
- Suggest countermeasures to achieve production performance goals while balancing work orders to fulfill TTB requests
- Appropriately elevate issues/concerns in a timely manner to the management team
- Participate in company-wide continuous improvement programs (WOW, GROW and Wonderful Way)
- Daily operations may include: bottling, wine transfers, barrel work, barrel inventory, filtration, additions, forklift, maintain cellar inventory of supplies, and any other duties and responsibilities assigned
Your Contribution to JUSTIN:
- Minimum 5 years' experience at a production facility
- Minimum 1-year supervisory experience
- H.S. diploma or GED required
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum 3 years' experience operating a forklift preferred
- Forklift certification required
- Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently
- Ability to communicate in written/spoken Spanish preferred
- Working knowledge of industry standard winery equipment (pumps, filters, crush equipment, presses)
- Demonstrated capability to manage a team of up to 10 individuals
- Ability to perform basic calculations
- Proven success in applying common sense to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Strong problem-solving skills involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Industrial setting with forklift traffic and public tour groups.
- Will be exposed to weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
JUSTIN's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant--making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that's situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information