Tasting Room Supervisor - Downtown
- Paso Robles, CA 93446, USA
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery is located in the Paso Robles region of California's Central Coast. We operate with a desire to make world class wines that reflect the unique soils and climate of the area. We take great pride in making Bordeaux-style blends and single varietals, combining Old World tradition with New World techniques.
This Tasting Room Supervisor position serves as a positive role model for staff, fills in for the Tasting Room Manager and Assistant Manager as needed and assists in the training of new staff.. The Tasting Room Supervisor monitors supplies and completes inventory under the direction of the Tasting Room Manager. This position plays a key role in daily tasting room activities including: positive customer interactions, meeting Wine Society signup goals, customer service, staff training, and positive interaction with employees from other departments (hospitality, marketing, wine society, production, etc.).
A Day In the Life at JUSTIN:
- Assist the Tasting Room Manager achieve or exceed financial goals including Wine Society and ISOSCELES Reserve club recruitment, Wine sales, Customer Information.
- Perform management duties on Tasting Room Manager and/or Assistant Tasting Room Manager's days off.
- Work with events leadership to help organize, plan, document events, while also communicating with clients any necessary details.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to 15-30 tasting room employees by effectively communicating and enforcing company policies and procedures, department operations, hiring and training tasting room attendants, and partnering with other departments to develop and promote the JUSTIN brand image and products.
- Create and execute engaging, educational, and memorable positive guest experiences.
- Resolve guest concerns/complaints using good judgment and tact.
- Give direction to staff and delegate responsibility as needed.
- Facilitate and promote good communication between all departments (Hospitality, Marketing, Wine Society, Accounting, Production, Housekeeping, etc.).
- Assist the Tasting Room Manager to maintain clean and tidy work areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Your Contribution to JUSTIN:
- Bachelors or equivalent experience and two (2) years retail sales experience with responsibility for managing a team. Experience in the wine industry required.
- Proven success working with others.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to people at all levels; ability to educate and serve as a mentor.
- Must possess a "big picture" perspective and be well versed in systems.
- Ability to establish direction, obtain commitment and execute appropriate management processes.
- Proven experience in recruiting and hiring productive, team based staff members.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analytical--the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving--the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully and collaboratively.
- Oral communication--the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts productive meetings.
- Delegation--the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership--the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others.
- Management skills--the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; available for staff members as needed; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
- Quality management--the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment--the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing--the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security--the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
JUSTIN's Dedication To You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant--making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that's situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information