Associate Analyst, Sourcing & Procurement Rotation Program - July 2022
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
You may know us as FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Justin Wine, Teleflora and Halos Citrus, but we’re all Wonderful.
The Wonderful Company is recruiting for its Sourcing Training and Rotation Track (START) Program. Participants in this full-time, two-year program will report to the Director of Global Sourcing and spend rotations working with a variety of business functions and companies within the Wonderful portfolio, to include: Wonderful Global Sourcing, Packaging Development & Innovation, Sourcing Analytics and FIJI Water Sourcing. Rotation participants will be based in Los Angeles and integrated into 4 business functions during their rotation. Participants will be required to work on important projects that add value to the business, giving them an opportunity to 1) build procurement, packaging development and strategic sourcing skills and 2) develop a deep understanding of business operations. Our goal is to cross-train excellent candidates in preparation for a position within the company upon completion of the program.
The deadline to apply is November 1st.
- Wonderful Global Sourcing
- Provide strategic sourcing support for the organization to deliver against company initiatives related to cost reduction, cost avoidance and supplier rationalization
- Support team with analytical reporting and research
- Proactively and independently identify improvement opportunities and procurement best practices to share across business units
- Support ongoing procurement initiatives within the business units
- Sourcing Analytics
- Collaborate with business unit teams to map out category spend and gather project data
- Assist with refining spend classification system, validating outputs, and improving reporting accuracy
- Gather materials and help prepare for monthly steering committee meetings and calls
- Packaging Development and Innovation
- Provide packaging technical support for all Business units, including cost savings, sustainability and packaging development projects
- Develop and execute packaging test protocols, providing onsite support at manufacturing and test locations when needed
- Create new and revise existing packaging material specifications
- FIJI Water Global Sourcing
- Provide support on strategic sourcing projects and cost savings initiatives, including new product/vendor developments
- Develop and issue RFPs for all sourcing related projects including but not limited to raw materials, packaging, supply chain etc.
- Understand and monitor key spending trends, cost drivers, market factors, geographic considerations, and strategic importance of critical commodities to implement appropriate sourcing strategies
Why choose us?
- Wonderful has a great track record of growth -- it's exciting to work in growing environment
- Be proud of working on healthy & authentic brands -- we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier food and beverage choices
- Giving back to humanity is part of our company's mission -- we are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness
- Access to leadership -- relatively flat organization structure
- Work with smart, dedicated people who love challenges
- Entrepreneurial environment
Your Contribution to Wonderful:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Economics or related field required
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Focused, organized, results-oriented and self-driven to achieve goals; strong, dedicated work ethic
- Strong command of Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Interest in developing procurement and sourcing expertise across a broad range of commodities and services
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative).
Wonderful's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company dedicated to harvesting health around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America’s No. 1 tree nut and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world’s leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back at its core. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $1 billion invested in environmental sustainability; $65 million in charitable giving, education initiatives, and innovative health and wellness programs each year; and $143 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information