- Los Angeles, CA, USA
It's more than just water. It's FIJI Water. Known for its iconic square bottle and unique mineral profile, FIJI Water has embodied what it means to be Earth's Finest Water® and is sold in more than 90 countries in retail, restaurants, bars, hotels and event venues.
Are you our next Senior Accountant?
Our Senior Accountant will support domestic and international accounting operations. This position will be hands-on and involved in daily journal entry generation, postings, and all supporting transactions for the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close.
What our Senior Accountant will do:
- Responsible for leading the month-end closing, including analysis of pre-close ledger results, calculation and booking of monthly closing journal entries.
- Maintain book and tax fixed asset ledgers.
- Prepare entries/billings to charge expenses to other Fiji Water affiliates in various currencies
- Perform Oracle GL super user tasks including running currency translations and consolidation at month and quarter ends.
- Assist with completion of monthly financial statement consolidation in HFM, including posting of elimination entries for inter-company receivables/payables and equity.
- Review, prepare and analyze accounting transactions, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and provide variance explanations.
- Assist in the annual external audit by preparing schedules as requested, providing supporting documentation, and working directly with auditors.
- Assist in statutory audits as required for foreign entities.
- Lead and manage compliance projects such as tax filings and state audits.
- Prepare quarterly reporting packages submitted to Corporate.
- Prepare and review tax packages and work directly with the Corporate Tax Department.
- Prepare inter-company reconciliations - analyze inter-company transactions and implement follow up action plans for resolution to reconciling items.
- Oversee account reconciliation plan and coordinate the completion of monthly account reconciliations with other members of the Finance team.
- Prepare asset & liability account reconciliations - implement follow up action plans for resolution of reconciling items.
- Perform any ad hoc analysis and reports as required by management.
Are you the right fit for this role?
Skills & experience that are necessary as our Senior Accountant will include, but not limited to:
- 2 to 5 years of work experience in Accounting or Public Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA a plus
- Experience with a large-scale ERP system a plus
- Must possess strong accounting, general ledger, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment which requires multi-tasking and excellent communication skills
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Suite with emphasis on Excel
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency and superior teamwork skills
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
Perks of joining the Fiji Team:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
FIJI® Water, natural artesian water bottled at the source in Viti Levu (Fiji islands), is the No. 1 premium imported bottled water in the United States. Known for its iconic square bottle, soft mouthfeel and unique mineral profile, FIJI Water is the water of choice among discerning consumers and top chefs. Widely available at fine restaurants and hotels, all major retail channels and through a convenient home/business delivery service, FIJI Water has expanded globally to more than 90 countries. To discover Earth's Finest Water®, please visit www.fijiwater.com, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram or Twitter.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information