HR Temp, Wonderful Orchards
- Shafter, CA, USA
With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. 35 years strong, and still growing! Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
The Human Resources Temp is responsible for assisting in management of personnel records including keeping filing up to date and maintaining compliance. Additionally, will serve as back up receptionist for the main office. The ideal candidate must be well organized, detail oriented with the ability to multi-task, establish priorities, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
The responsibilities of the Human Resources Temp include, but are not limited to the following:
- Personnel file maintenance
- Heavy filing of various paperwork
- Creating files for new employees
- Retrieve files as necessary and ensure files are returned appropriately
- Employment verifications, processing unemployment claims
- Processing employee personal information updates in HRIS system
- Continually monitor and follow up with any outstanding personnel documents and forms by conducting weekly and monthly file audits
- Serve as back up receptionist for the main office
- Assists in the coordination of HR related events
- Perform any other tasks or functions deemed necessary to the daily operations of the HR department and employer
Minimum qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
High school diploma or GED equivalent required plus one (1) year Human Resources or office support experience
- Experience working with confidential data or sensitive information
- Knowledge of business office operations, of filing and administrative clerical operations
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with employees and the general public, to maintain confidentially in daily operations, to conduct daily duties in a professional appearance and manner
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Bilingual in oral and written Spanish is a plus.
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information