Payroll Assistant, Wonderful Nurseries
- Wasco, CA 93280, USA
Wonderful Nurseries is the largest vine nursery in North America. Headquartered near Bakersfield, CA we offer over 500 scion clones and 30 rootstocks with over 800,000 square feet of greenhouse. We also produce almond trees, pomegranate trees, seeded UCB1 pistachio trees, and our proprietary Wonderful pistachio clonal rootstock. As the only nursery with an in-house virus testing lab, Wonderful Nurseries sets the industry standard in focusing on clean material and the highest quality plants.
Wonderful Nurseries is seeking a Payroll Assistant:
- Manages timecards/punches of the Farm Labor Contractors (FLC) employees
- Reviews payroll data for accuracy and completeness
- Ensures all payroll transactions are processed accurately before distributing to FLC payroll by every payroll cycle
- Validates all employees have proper number of hours recorded before every payroll cycle
- Assists with troubleshooting PET system or employee tablet issues
- Inputs new FLC employees into the system and coordinates with them through the new hire process by giving them their badges and setting up their pay profiles
- Enters farming and QA time into payroll system
- Works with crew leads to correct daily time entries
- Trains crew leads on proper completion of time sheets
- Trains crew leads on proper use of electronic time collection system
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education and experience
- 1-2 years of Payroll experience
- Associate’s in related field is preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to work independently with strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to perform data entry on Microsoft Excel and learn functionality of other payroll services
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and clearly communicate observations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to facilitate clear communication when working with production, farming, and FLC payroll departments
- Strong attention to detail
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information