Systems Engineer, Wonderful Orchards
- Shafter, CA, USA
With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. 35 years strong, and still growing! Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
The responsibilities of the Systems Engineer include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administers operating system and server software including but not limited to: Windows and Oracle Linux OS, VMware ESX v6 and above, SQL Server, IIS, Veeam Backup, and Microsoft Office applications
- Installs, configures, updates, and maintains Microsoft Windows servers
- Work with corporate IT teams to support systems and follow best practices
- Apply deployment standards, ensure compliance
- Maintain systems backups and perform data validations
- Accepts escalated tickets and supports the helpdesk with advanced incidents
- Other duties as assigned
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical disciplines and 2+ years hands-on experience IT hardware/software support.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or a minimum of 2 years in a Windows administrator role; VMware Certified Associate (VCA) or a minimum of 2 years in a virtual administrator role (VMware or Hyper-V)
- CompTIA A+, NET+, SEC+ certifications preferred
- Experience configuring and maintaining systems backups
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network-attached Storage (NAS) appliances
- Experience with Enterprise Application support
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and GPOs
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multitask
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, punctual and responsible
- Active problem-solver and results-oriented
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to demonstrate superior customer service and phone etiquette
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information