Senior Financial Analyst
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
From tree to table, POM Wonderful delivers a whole lot of healthy. Known for our iconic double-bubble bottle, we grow, harvest, package, and market fresh pomegranates, pomegranate arils, and a selection of delicious pomegranate-blended juices and teas. With over 9,000 acres in California's Central Valley, POM Wonderful is committed to unleashing the antioxidant power of our handpicked pomegranates. Our Finance Department is looking to add a driven and dynamic Senior Financial Analyst to their team in our Los Angeles Corporate Office!
As a key member of the Finance team, the Senior Financial Analyst provides analytical support to drive business results. This individual will provide financial leadership and accountability to the organization by overseeing various aspects of the annual budgeting and monthly reporting processes as well as through decision support delivered directly to senior management. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this person will be a highly motivated team player with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, transform data into actionable results and multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment. This role provides an opportunity for a highly motivated finance professional to help the POM Wonderful leadership team achieve its goals.
A Day in The Life at POM Wonderful Finance:
- Understand financial operations of the business and educate others inside and outside the Finance/Accounting group about the financial performance of their respective area
- Responsible for monthly reporting models, including presentation of financial results to POM senior leadership
- Assist with monthly close and variance analysis, prepare Journal Entries, generate monthly reports and complete other tasks related to the close process
- Assist with budget preparation and forecast updates focusing on underlying business drivers and key financial and operating metrics
- Analyze large volumes of data and present in a concise and intuitive manner; interpret data to explain past financial performance and project future results and formulate a coherent story with clear, easy to follow conclusions and implications
- Update, maintain and publish product line profitability to inform decisions based on data driven insights
- Evaluate financial impacts of new product launches and new packaging updates
- Utilize Oracle financial system information and Power BI to develop and communicate value-added reporting tools
- Evaluate the ROI of capital investments and profitability of new business ventures as required
- Reduce waste and drive continuous improvement both within POM and across other business units
- Other responsibilities as required
Your Wonderful Contribution:
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in finance, accounting or related field. Financial analysis and/ or cost accounting experience in a mid to large size manufacturing environment, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Superior analytical and reporting skills with the ability to resolve issues and develop new processes when necessary
- Knowledge of food/beverage manufacturing business is a plus
- Ability to perform financial and operational analysis, including ability to effectively communicate findings and recommendations.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is required - demonstrated experience with pivot tables, formulas and external data sources
- Oracle or similar ERP system experience highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work quickly/accurately under pressure
- Should be organized, goal oriented, energetic, team player and responsive
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and ERP Systems Experience
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
POM's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
POM Wonderful is the largest grower and producer of fresh pomegranates and pomegranate juice in the United States as well as the worldwide leader in fresh California pomegranates and pomegranate-based products including our 100% pomegranate juices, healthy juice blends and teas. We grow, handpick and juice our own pomegranates to ensure the highest quality.
POM Wonderful is part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information