Sr. Salesforce Developer
- New York, NY
The Weather Channel is the world's leading cross-platform media company with a portfolio that includes The Weather Channel television network, TWC digital properties (weather.com, mobile and tablet applications) and Weather Services International (WSI). Headquartered in Cobb County since 1982, The Weather Channel brand has connected millions of consumers by providing the most accurate weather forecasts, 24 hours a day. Seen in more than 100 million U.S. households, The Weather Channel network is one of the most widely-distributed cable networks. The Weather Channel online properties reach 60 million unique Web consumers each month. This includes 32 million consumers monthly through weather.com on mobile Web and mobile apps. TWC has the No.1 app on all smartphones and is the second most used app on all smartphones. WSI provides business-to-business weather services to media, aviation, marine and energy sectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Communicate and collaborate with team members across various technology platforms regarding technical issues, status, solution designing, creative solutions, and implementation.
• Scope and gauge level of effort for technical solutions.
• Develop, test, document, and deploy high quality, scalable business solutions on the Force.com platform.
• A focus on quality is a must, as is the ability to understand business requirements and meeting them with a technical solution that is extendable across various businesses and maintainable.
• Must be able to get hands-on in the end-to-end build process, with administrative, development, data-related work or QA.
• Experience developing and delivering solutions to real customer problems, preferably with an emphasis on Sales
• Developing and delivering solutions to real customer problems, preferably with an emphasis on Sales
• 4+ years SalesForce.com development experience, with a strong focus on Apex and Visualforce development.
• Solid knowledge of SOQL.
• In-depth experience with SOAP/REST web services.
• Salesforce Developer Certification is a Must-Have
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field, or its equivalent.
• 5 years of related experience in full cycle software development with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Highly proficient & demonstrated advanced technical level software design, debugging, documentation, and testing skills, requiring application of extensive technical knowledge & skills at the subject matter expert level to complete & document projects
• Excellent Written/Verbal communication skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of professional software development process and concepts, with the ability to lead and teach others.
• Advanced level proficiency and breadth in required code development in area of specialization.
• Developed and demonstrated proficiency to resolve a wide range of moderately complex business problems and opportunities where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Comprehensive and functional network of senior-level internal/external personnel in own area of expertise.
• Demonstrated proficiency and application of business software life cycle development.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Agile methodology.
• Ability to communicate and coordinate projects in a team leadership capacity.
You must apply to the careers page at: https://career8.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=6521&company=3323768P&username=