Stock Controller (Fixed Term) - Torpedo7 Tauranga
- 2 Taurikura Drive, Tauriko, Tauranga 3171, New Zealand
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
Here at Torpedo7 we live and breathe outdoor sports, and we’re passionate about helping our customers do the same. Because our people use our products themselves, we pride ourselves on being able to help customers choose exactly the right gear.
Part of The Warehouse Group family of brands since 2013, Torpedo7 is New Zealand's largest multi-channel outdoor adventure retailer, with 20+ stores nationwide and a dedicated webstore. We are unique in NZ in that our Torpedo7 stores have all sorts of gear and experts under one roof - Bike, Outdoor, Snow, Water and Clothing.
In our fast-paced environment, a smooth back of house operation is vital to ensure the product is always the priority. Hence, you'll be actively managing and controlling the everyday stock operations. Your tasks will vary from: transferring stock, meeting standards for replenishment, security tagging, right through to reporting of current stock and staying ahead in your knowledge of new products. The role is hands-on, varied and active!
You will also be required to be part of the sales team at times; therefore, you need to be able to genuinely talk to people about the gear we sell while delivering top notch service to our customers.
This role is fixed term to help over the busy Christmas season.
Ideally you will have:
- Excellent organisation skills
- A task-focused and customer centric approach to your work
- Proven experience in a retail or logistics environment
- Ability to communicate confidently and at all levels
- Strong problem solving skills
- An interest in expanding your knowledge of our stock and take pride in handling it to a very high standard
- The ability to build relationships with brand specialists and internal colleagues throughout the business
Our passionate people enjoy careers that provide inspiring experiences, exciting challenges and amazing benefits. They also know that Torpedo7 is committed to developing its talent, which allows for a wide scope of amazing opportunities as the business continues to grow. Being part of The Warehouse Group, means there is plenty of scope for career development and staff benefits that extend well beyond the traditional outdoors industry.