Bike Builder/Sales Assistant - Torpedo7 Westgate
- Fred Taylor Drive, Westgate, Auckland, New Zealand
- Contract Type: Permanent
At Torpedo7 we live and breath the outdoors! We believe that New Zealand is the most epic outdoor playground in the world. We believe that the only thing that hurts more than biking is not biking and that nature keeps you balanced, and that your path to freedom is outdoors. We believe that sore muscles on Monday tell your stories - about where you've been and how much further you can go.
We’re also passionate about helping our customers feel the same. Because our team use our products, we pride ourselves on being able to help them choose exactly the right gear.
With 24 stores nationwide, Torpedo7 is continuing to grow. We offer a diverse range of quality products in bike, snow, outdoor, water sports, fitness and clothing and we love sharing our passion with others!
When you're not on the floor helping customers, you will;
- Assist in identifying what bikes need to be built in order to meet customer demands.
- Ensure that all bikes are built according to the guidelines
- Ensure all products are maintained to appropriate stock levels.
- Demonstrate you are a team player by supporting in other duties, where necessary
- Maintain your work area to an excellent standard, ensuring the shop floor is presentable and functional.
- Have a strong sense of bike safety awareness.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience in a bike workshop - but not essential.
- Bike industry training and/or qualification - not essential as we can train you!
- Knowledge and experience with a wide range of outdoor products and brands
- Passion for the outdoors
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Torpedo7 offers a fully structured Bike Mechanic Training Program to support the learning and development of our Bike Mechanics and the Workshop team. This is led by a dedicated Services Specialist.
This multi-year “Apprenticeship” allows us to take existing knowledge and skills, and grow and challenge them further, or take candidates with no experience in Retail or Bikes and train them to be a high-level Mechanic or Team member.
Better yet, Pay Scales are attached to each level of competence, allowing us to transparently remunerate, both accounting for prior learning and skills, and clearly outlining progression opportunities.
Our passionate people enjoy careers that provide inspiring experiences, exciting challenges and amazing benefits. They also know that Torpedo7 is committed to developing its talent, which allows for a wide scope of amazing opportunities as the business continues to grow.
We are also part of The Warehouse Group, meaning there is plenty of scope for career development and staff benefits that extend well beyond the traditional outdoors industry.
Are you ready to live your passion at work? Gear up with us today!