Designer - Apparel
- 26 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland 0627, New Zealand
- Contract Type: Permanent
The retail world is changing and the need to be responsive is more important than ever when it comes to developing quality products that our customers love.
Our purpose at The Warehouse Group (TWG) is ‘Helping Kiwis live better every day.” We’re at an exciting phase of transformation, evolving our way of working as the retail industry continues to transform. As a company, we’re going agile to ensure our customers always come first. To meet the ever-changing demands of our customers, we’re simplifying the way we work, speeding up decision making, and breaking down the hierarchy so we work better, faster.
We are looking for a creative, customer-centric and commercially-minded Senior Designer (Design - Apparel Chapter Member) in apparel fashion design with real strengths in product and garment design, good grasp of graphic design and ideally with experience designing in Womenswear.
Creativity, commercial understanding and customer-centric design will be at the heart of this role! The role reports into the Apparel Design Chapter Lead and is a fantastic opportunity to work cross-functionally and collaboratively right across the business; balancing insights, strong understanding of materials and costing and pricing, and striking the right balance of a creative and commercial apparel range, your input will help create apparel ranges that are designed to price and still excite and exceeds our customers’ wants and needs!
You will be:
- Creating commercial apparel collections, focusing on garment and product design/construction
- Working alongside Buyers & collaborating with our Asia based sourcing offices
- Researching and applying market & trend information through design analytics
- Trend forecasting key items, details and fabrics
- Designing from Concept to Sign-off, interpreting briefs & creating presentations and artwork
You will be someone who enjoys a dynamic and varied role with a great eye, strong understanding of garment construction, passion for trends and graphic design! More importantly, you’ll have the ability to translate these ideas into products our will customers love!
- Proven senior level designer experience including taking product from concept through execution and partnering with overseas manufacturers
- Demonstrated creative ability including graphics, colour, pattern, form language, visual merchandising
- Commercial sense and market knowledge gained through working within a retail environment
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator
- Proven ability to research and apply market/trend information
We work in the dynamic, fast-paced retail environment with key deadlines and pathways; nimble to change with a strong ability to adapt quickly to priorities and deliver to tight deadlines will be key! We are looking for a passionate team player who showcases the curiosity, collaboration and performance-driven Agile attributes to succeed with the team and business.
What's in it for you? We offer a dynamic, supportive team environment within a business that cares about and recognises individuals. The business is at an exciting point in its life story. By empowering our teams and increasing cross-collaboration, we aim to make TWG New Zealand’s best place to work!
Read so far and excited about this opportunity? Apply now with your CV and portfolio!