Senior Front-End Engineer
- 11 Railway Street, Newmarket, Auckland 1023, New Zealand
- Contract Type: Permanent
TheMarket.com is a curated lifestyle shopping platform which launched in August 2019, backed by The Warehouse Group. With over 600 merchants representing 5,000+ brands and 5m+ SKUs, we aim to become one of the biggest marketplaces in New Zealand. This amazing once-in-a-lifetime opportunity exists to help bring this goal to life.
At TheMarket, we are passionate about the brands and merchants that we work with, selecting authentic alignments to tell great stories via our various marketing channels. Whether it’s search, display, affiliates, retargeting or social; targeting awareness, consideration or purchase intents; on mobile, app, desktop or tablet - we strive to create always on-brand and engaging marketing communications for all our personas.
Learn more about TheMarket from its CEO, Justus Wilde in the following video.
This role is all about pitching in. We're in full start-up mode so while you will have a focus on front end development, you'll be rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in wherever you can add value.
“Looks Good, Works Well!” is the way you approach your work; you are interested in both form and function; and enjoy working directly with designers to realize cutting edge frontend user experiences that are implemented with technical excellence using an SPA approach. You are passionate about web development and understand the latest frontend technologies. You know that delivering an experience and not just building them is of prime importance: you make sure your software ships, and you are able to make the practical tradeoffs to prioritize work to manage timelines.
- Vue experience preferred
- React or Angular an advantage
- Bootstrap or similar UI framework
- UI testing beneficial
- Any backend experience with node/php/java/.net and mysql/mariadb or any database is well regarded
- Solid thinker with good communications skills
Why work for us?
- Work within an agile team developing new exciting features in e-commerce, driving convenience for millions of kiwi shoppers
- Be a part of a supportive team, who are invested in the each other succeeding
- Be encouraged to grow and take on more responsibilities to improve and advance in your career path
- Get dedicated time and training resources for professional development, and support to grow in your areas of interest
- Flexible work environment with two days a week from home and flexible working hours
Our company culture is laid back but energised with a group of innovative and driven people that are focused on creating the next frontier for retail in New Zealand.
The right type of person for this role
Entrepreneurial, strategic and a natural influencer.
Pragmatic straight shooter that will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Hands-on operator for key initiatives, able to lead with strong individual contribution
Approaches challenges with an open mindset, creativity, hunger and lots of energy
Strong desire to build something great, and thrive on overcoming the challenges to get there