Site Reliability Engineer
- 26 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland 0627, New Zealand
- Contract Type: Permanent
Welcome! Kia Ora
Our purpose at The Warehouse Group is ‘Helping Kiwis live better every day.” The Warehouse Group (TWG) is at the most exciting point in our nearly 40 year history as we transform our way of working to meet the demands of a constantly evolving retail industry.
We’ve moved to Agile working to meet the ever-changing demands of our customers. We’re simplifying the way we work, speeding up decision making, and breaking down the hierarchy so we work better, faster.
Our Technology footprint is impressive and underpins the successful running of our impressive operation. From our digital presence to our warehouse and order management systems plus a myriad more, we’re a place Technologists want to be and we’d like you to be a part of that
What do we need? - he aha ta tatou e hiahia ana
There was a time when technology was something people did. Those days are long gone. Technology now is what we rely upon, live and breathe. Every part of our business relies upon the capability our tech gives us. That reliance means we’ve got to make sure our systems and platforms are always on, always available and always secure, which is where you come in.
Right across the business, we need talented people to ensure that our tech meets our customers’ needs
So who are you? - e pa ana ki a koe
We’ve got a tall order to fill, so we’d expect a few things from you:
- You’re an improver and a delivery expert, so we know you’ve got a passion for Continuous improvement and Delivery, so you’ll be a ninja at creating pipelines in a CI/CD tool (Jenkins, CircleCI etc)
- Great communicator both Written and verbal with the ability to talk tech at the customers level
- Experience in Automation tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Salt puppet)
- Experience of developing web-services and integration with 3rd party web-services
- Ability to write automated integration tests using tools such as Postman, SoapUI
- Solid experience in running large systems and Infrastructure
- Monitoring & Alerting Platforms (e.g. Prometheus, Datadog, NewRelic, SignalFX, AlertManager, Opsgenie ) and in centralised logging tools (e.g. Elastic Search, splunk)
- Significant experience in shaping and meeting SLO's SLI, and SLA's
- Exposure to deploying cloud-based solutions to Azure and/or AWS utilising best practice for scalability, resilience and recovery
- Extensive experience in deploying into at least one of the major cloud Providers (i.e. Azure , AWS)
What's in it for you? We offer a dynamic, supportive team environment within a business that cares about and recognises individuals. The business is at an exciting point in its life story. By empowering our teams and increasing cross-collaboration, we’ll continue making TWG New Zealand’s best place to work!
Up for it? The apply now button isn’t just for show