Commercial Service Desk Escalations Engineer
- 17 Mayo Road, Wiri, Auckland 2104, New Zealand
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
Noel Leeming Tech Solutions provide IT managed services solutions for some of New Zealand’s leading businesses. We provide services from IT project management and desktop support to cloud consulting and everything in between. A core to our success is ensuring we provide secure and robust infrastructure to our customers and business.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team of skilled engineers ensuring that Noel Leeming Tech Solutions business customers stay connected and operational 24x7?
This role is part of a team responsible for setting the standards, designing, testing and overseeing the implementation and support of infrastructure and cloud solutions for Noel Leeming Tech Solutions and their clients.
We are looking for an all-rounder who can support our customers with their end-to-end IT solutions.
This role has an on-call element as well and preference would be given to applicants with experience in Apple OSX, VMware, Microsoft Core Server technologies including Active Directory, Office 365, Azure. Exposure to AWS, SolarWinds RMM solutions & exposure to automation are also highly desirable.
The purpose of this role is to provide Level 2 support for customers using remote tools, functioning as an escalation point for our Service Desk Analyst team. You will work collaboratively with the Commercial Services Solutions Specialists to deliver solutions to our customers.
This role includes 2nd line investigation, testing and repair/resolution of system faults. Escalation Management to 3rd parties, documenting solutions, managing client security and associated technology, whilst achieving targets set by Commercial Services.
The role will also provide system administration of the common tools used by the service desk and Commercial Services Solutions Specialists and Tech Solutions Techs.
- Work collaboratively
- Proactively maintain and support client’s IT solutions while delivering high quality ICT services and support. to all
- Deliver to Service Level Targets,
- Update clients on regular basis regarding delivery expectations, issues or future technology opportunities.
- Review clients on-going technology needs assisting them in achieving their business objectives.
- At least 2 years’ plus experience in the IT industry.
- Understanding and experience in ITIL
- Demonstrated experience in providing remote technical support to customers in the following areas. Microsoft 365, desktop, mobile phones. basic networking, security, backup technologies, storage and hardware. Windows & Apple operating systems.
- Systems administration experience.
- An understanding of the end-to-end IT solutions and the impact to the customer experience.
- Demonstrated positive experience in working with customers.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Vendor Certifications for Microsoft, Apple, security technologies and networks, ITIL Certification
- Demonstrated success in working in a Managed Service Provider in a support escalation role.
- Experience with ConnectWise, RMM tools or other service management tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Level 7 diploma in technology or equivalent experience.
- ConnectWise CRM
- Active Directory
- Azure AD and Microsoft 365
- Storage solutions
- Experience with networking technologies
- Experience in Cloud technologies
- Backup and Disaster recovery
- Antivirus Management
- Apple MacOSX
Why work for us:
- We are the first retailer globally to go agile.
- We are a fun, collaborative, technical and culturally diverse Chapter.
- We care about each other, we are one team
- We offer Staff discount, birthday off, and flexible working
If you have what it takes to be part of the Noel Leeming Family, please apply online. We look forward to receiving your application.