Customer Care Specialist - 1-day.co.nz
- 38D Northway Street, Te Rapa, Hamilton 3200, New Zealand
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
1-day.co.nz is New Zealand's leading eCommerce retail website, selling loads of products across different categories - from Manchester, electronics, clothing, outdoor and indoor furniture, footwear, toys, health and beauty products, Supermarket essentials, Pet needs, sport and outdoor and so much more! Known for being great value for money, the customer is at the fore-front of everything we do! The business is proudly Waikato based, New Zealand born and bred, they're now 13 years old of delivering products directly to your door!
The heart of our business is a great customer service team – not only are they skilled in the art of delivering great service to our customers but they have a passion for what they do. So if you have the passion and you truly “get” what outstanding customer service is all about, then this can be a perfect option for you!
Reporting through to a Customer Care Team Leader, you will handle a variety of incoming customer enquiries, with your main job purpose being to provide an effortless customer experience for our customers.
As a Customer Care Specialist your key responsibilities will be:
- Responding to customer enquiries, taking ownership through to resolution.
- Building rapport with the customer by active listening and adapting communication style.
- Running efficient case management and follow-up within agreed timeframes.
- You will manage a majority of customer contact via email and live chat, however, follow ups may be via phone at times.
- Keep up to date with processes and procedures to ensure accurate information is provided.
Further to that:
- Vast experience in a customer services environment with a proven track record of offering exceptional customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An outstanding phone manner – being able to express ideas, thoughts and concept clearly, using correct and appropriate language, organisation and structure.
- Experience with Live Chat, CRM, and the full MS Office suite is an added benefit.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- The ability to work with a sense of urgency and thrive working under pressure.
- Have the ability to work with a diverse array of people and build successful working relationships both internal and external customers.
- An ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability – thinking outside the box.
As this role is all about team work and working to KPIs and tight timeframes, we are after someone that can be relied on to have great punctuality and who has a proven attendance record.
We have some great staff perks and the opportunity to work in an energetic and fast-paced environment.
Our customer care team operate between Monday - Sunday, 8:00am - 6pm. This is a 40 hours per week role and for this position, we're looking for candidates available for the Wednesday - Sunday shift days.
If this sounds like you, apply now and join the team!
More information on TWG:
The Warehouse Group (TWG) is a New Zealand success story, founded by Sir Stephen Tindall and evolved from a single The Warehouse store to become one of the largest retailing groups in New Zealand with $3 billion in sales. TWG consists of six core retail brands: The Warehouse, Warehouse Stationery, Noel Leeming, Torpedo7, 1-day and TheMarket. We have 260+ retail stores, online stores as well as distribution centres throughout New Zealand. We also have two overseas sourcing offices located in China and India. We are a people-centred business with more than 12,000 team members across our locations!