Store Manager - Torpedo7 Napier New Store!
- 63-87 Ford Road, Napier, New Zealand
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
Torpedo7 is New Zealand's largest multi-channel outdoor adventure retailer, with 22 stores nationwide and a dedicated webstore. We are unique in NZ in that our stores have all sorts of toys and experts under one roof - bike, camp, tramp, water, snow and moto. We are also part of The Warehouse Group, meaning there is plenty of scope for career development and staff benefits that extend well beyond the traditional outdoors industry.
At Torpedo7 the work comes easy when you love what you do. We are so passionate about the gear we sell that you will see us out there on the track, trails and anywhere an outdoor adventure is to be had.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a true retail leader to champion our new Torpedo7 store in Napier opening in March 2021! You will have a few years’ worth of retail management experience under your belt and will be no shrinking violet, knowing exactly the right levers to pull to get your team humming and maximise store profitability.
Able to walk the talk you will be equally at home on the floor with our customers as you will be behind the desk managing the business operations. You will understand the role a leader plays in store and have the capability to coach and inspire your team, building a culture of exceptional customer service.
In addition to the above, the role will also involve (but not limited to) the following:
· Leadership of your store team
· Strong stock management background including inwards/outwards goods
· Proven sales record, achieving sales results & smashing key KPI's
· Experience with PNLs, wage budgets & rostering
Ideally you will have experience or an affinity with outdoor adventure sports and it will certainly help if you're a bit of a ‘See You Out There’ junkie yourself. If you think you've got what it takes to be a leader in the Torpedo7 team and can add value in store, then we are keen to hear from you!
The successful applicant will have/ be:
· Strong retail management experience
· A proven track record of driving sales and profitability, minimising loss and maintaining exceptional store standards
· A strong people leader and be genuinely passionate about developing your team
· Have an understanding of our "See You Out There" ethos and what it means for the business and how to continue to reinforce this within your store
· You understand that management is a balance between administration and leading on the shop floor and that doesn't scare you
Our passionate people enjoy careers that provide inspiring experiences, exciting challenges and amazing benefits. They also know that Torpedo7 is committed to developing its talent, which allows for a wide scope of amazing opportunities as the business continues to grow. We are also part of The Warehouse Group, meaning there is plenty of scope for career development and staff benefits that extend well beyond the traditional outdoors industry.
We’ll See You Out There!
**Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.