Multiple Team Member Vacancies - The Warehouse, Te Awamutu
- 5/7 George Street, Te Awamutu, New Zealand
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
The Warehouse is the brand that began it all. Founded in 1982 by Sir Stephen Tindall, the first ‘red shed’ challenged established retailers and proved popular with customers as a result of its simple style, and wide range of products at bargain prices. The Warehouse has become a Kiwi household name, and we proudly recognise the role that we play in communities throughout New Zealand.
By putting the customer first we succeed in being one of the best retailers in New Zealand; it's our positive, friendly, helpful Team Members that keep our customers coming back!
We currently have multiple permanent vacancies as listed below.
As a Team Member, you will enjoy a fast-paced environment with lots of variety, and you aren’t afraid of digging in hard to get things done. You’re someone who likes working and sparking conversations with customers, and ensuring their experience is exceptional means the world to you.
Our Shop Floor Team Members like working in our fast-paced environment and getting the job done on time without compromising service standards. As part of a team they know what it takes to be successful, whether it's collecting trolleys from the car park, restocking shelves, cleaning areas of the store, ticketing products, or of course helping our customers.
- Friday 8:30am - 1:00pm and Saturday 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday 3:00pm - 8:00pm, Sunday 10:00am - 2:30pm
In this role you will be responsible for making sure our customers receive fast service at the checkout and that they feel valued. You'll like working in a fast-paced environment and getting the job done without compromising service standards.
- Friday and Saturday 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Tuesday to Saturday 9:30am - 12:30pm
- Monday 8:00am - 12:00pm and Sunday 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Monday 10:30am - 4:00pm and Sunday 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Monday 4:00pm - 8:00pm
For this role, it would be great if you had a special interest in clothing and footwear, have an eye for detail, and know style when you see it!
- Monday & Sunday 5:00pm - 8:00pm
For this role we are looking for someone with an interest in entertainment technology to be able to provide customers with support on their inquiries and purchases.
- Friday and Saturday 5:00pm - 8:00pm
For this role it would be great if you had a special interest and understanding in green gardening to be able to provide care for the products and support on queries with our customers.
- Monday & Sunday 12:30pm - 3:30pm
This position mans the jewellery counter by assisting our customers with their inquiries and purchases. You will also process returns, exchanges, refunds, and transfers, as well as support Loss Prevention with security assistance and help support and supervise the Checkout area as required.
- Sunday and Tuesday 4:00pm - 7:00pm, and Monday 9:30am - 4:00pm
Ideally you will have:
- Some experience in retail, hospitality or a customer facing role - preferable but not essential
- Excellent Communication Skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
- The ability to undertake some heavy lifting, climbing ladders and being on your feet for long periods of time
- Capable of being on your feet for long periods of time
- Understand the importance of health and safety
We offer benefits like having your birthday day off and a team discount card for use across The Warehouse Group brands. We also have many career opportunities that come with working for one of New Zealand's largest General Merchandise retailers! We really do believe in retail as a career.